how do you change the interior door lock pins?

jazzyc

Reaction score
as it says above, do they just pull off or unscrew or do i need to take the door panel off?

just in case i did not make it clear its the black bits that stick up when you unlock the car

They screw off, but you'll need to grip it quite hard. And then they just slide off at the end. Not too tricky really. Hope that helps.

you dont need to take the door pin off to remove the panel. just remove all the screws and lift the panel over the pin.

mjc23 said:
They screw off, but you'll need to grip it quite hard. And then they just slide off at the end. Not too tricky really. Hope that helps.

so they screw off. I was not sure as the ally ones i got from vag com look like they just push on, there is no thread in them.

was just worried about buggering anything up on the stem that they go on.

snoop said:
you dont need to take the door pin off to remove the panel. just remove all the screws and lift the panel over the pin.

ually wondered if i needed to take the door panel off to get the door pins off but it would seem i dont:icon_thumright:

jazzyc said:
so they screw off. I was not sure as the ally ones i got from vag com look like they just push on, there is no thread in them.

was just worried about buggering anything up on the stem that they go on.
as they are made of ally they might just be able to twist them on and it should self thread them inside?