Help with ICE please!!

Tonya Rosey

Reaction score
Hello people! I have bought this-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorized7-LCD-Car-DVD-CD-USB-MP3-TV-FMAM-DivX-player_W0QQitemZ200118773637QQihZ010QQcategoryZ67772QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Item number is 200118773637.

I am so thick that I did not check to see whether it would fit in my car-Audi A4 2000 V reg. :confused:

I don't think that it will as under where the original Audi stereo is, there is the climate control and then above the stereo, is the hazard and fogs etc.

Any one get any idea's before I have to send it back???:think:

That's a double din head unit and it'll only fit in some cars mainly japanese ones. You're better off selling that one and buying another unit. You will still need facia adaptors to fit any after market stereo though.

have you got Bose in yours, that can cause problems too as the input to the amp is a very low impedence.

you could make it fit by buying a double din cage and one of the slimmer aircon controllers but then you'd have to fashion some kind of faceplate.

just been past your place to get to the co-op, spotted what appeared to be a nice noggy blue RS4 in the car park, looked around it and realised it was a 1.8T with RS bumpers

shineydave said:
have you got Bose in yours, that can cause problems too as the input to the amp is a very low impedence.

you could make it fit by buying a double din cage and one of the slimmer aircon controllers but then you'd have to fashion some kind of faceplate.

just been past your place to get to the co-op, spotted what appeared to be a nice noggy blue RS4 in the car park, looked around it and realised it was a 1.8T with RS bumpers

Evening Dave, hope your head is not too sore and that you had a nice birthday evening?

Don't think that its Bose, as it does not say so on the actual system.

Bet the bloke whom I bought it from won't let me return it, as its not an actual fault on the system, just me being intellectually challenged! Although, I did ask him if it would fit and he said yes! Umm, will wait and see what his response is

How do you know that I dont like "tacky" Dave?? LOL....budget restricted you know...spoiler, tail lights, back box to buy yet....ha ha

just realised something, if they're coming from Hong Kong will they have UK standard tuners?

most of the Jap imports have radios that will only pick up radio 2 because their broadcast bands are lower down the spectrum than ours so then you'll need a piece of kit to retune it. don't think they're expensive but it's more hassle

shineydave said:
just realised something, if they're coming from Hong Kong will they have UK standard tuners?

most of the Jap imports have radios that will only pick up radio 2 because their broadcast bands are lower down the spectrum than ours so then you'll need a piece of kit to retune it. don't think they're expensive but it's more hassle

Yeah probably. Had same problem in my Scooby, as it had original system in it when I had it imported in and had to get kit to be able to pick up Radio 1 etc.

Thanks yet again. Bet this one goes for over £200....watching it anyways.
You didn't walk to the Co-op then?? LOL

That was not a dig at your age! Just a point that my mother reminds me of all of the time!