general question

jazzyc

Reaction score
just been reading a thread that was saying about the importance of vag-com and the things it can do.

i am sure in the thread it mentioned also about having remote up winows etc when you lock the car and also the seat belt chime i.e warning if you dont have your belt on.

should my 2000 facelift model have these functions as i dont think it does.

can they be activated some how?

yes, yes and yes
get yourself onto the ROss-tech website

as i have said before sorry for all the lame questions but i am still waiting for my handbook!

so i should have the remote up windows. So when i lock the car and the window is down it should lock itself? or do i need to hold that button down?

what about the seat belt warnings? i dont seem to get any warnings about this. How do i activate it?

jcb said:
yes, yes and yes
get yourself onto the ROss-tech website

so whats that i am downloading then? is it just the software and do i need the box or whatever it is to plug into my car to make use of it?

which of these do i need?

You need the lead to connect your car to the PC, thats the expensive bit.

A4Quattro said:
You need the lead to connect your car to the PC, thats the expensive bit.

ah ok

dont have a laptop just the pc and thats not to portable! will ahve to leave that for now.

anyone any ideas on the seat belt thing?

jazzyc said:
ah ok

dont have a laptop just the pc and thats not to portable! will ahve to leave that for now.

anyone any ideas on the seat belt thing?

I didn't have a lap-top when I used VagCom (the free version) and an Ebay sourced Vag-Com compatible lead to re-code my A4....
Just bought an extension USB cable and had it trailing from my PC, out through window and down to car parked on drive!
Mine may be different as it is a pre-facelift but I managed to get the symbol of a person wearing a seatbelt to light up every time the ignition is switched on as part of my re-code; it goes out after about 3-4 secs; there's no chime though.Think it is a reminder to put belt on rather than a warning, post-facelifts may be different though..........

so it does seem as if i should have the symbol or something come up at first.

i dont get anything. I dont see why they would have done away with it on the later version (facelift)

might have to give the local audi dealer a call.

jazzyc said:
so it does seem as if i should have the symbol or something come up at first.

i dont get anything. I dont see why they would have done away with it on the later version (facelift)

might have to give the local audi dealer a call.

No,perhaps I didn't make it clear enough....lol.
When bought my car didn't have any form of seatbelt warning light.
As part of researching what functions could be activated with VagCom I found that for some markets (not the UK though apparently) there was a light on the dash that shows the seatbelted figure. I managed to get this dash light to come on each time the ignition is turned on as part of recoding the control module using my VagCom compatible lead........
I don't know whether UK-sold facelifted cars had this light programmed to come on , if yours doesn't then I would guess not....

Its useless anyway. As it doesnt detect wheter you have a belt on or not. My sister has a mercedez SLK and it detects when your sitting on the seat and then keeps chiming until you put your belt on. So if thats the feature you are looking for then im afraid your out of luck as all you get in the B5 is a silly icon flash in the dash for 3 seconds and then thats it wheter you put belt on or not it still goes out after 3 secs and there is no chimes.
I am so glad that isnt a feature in the car as I hate it on my sisters car because if you just want to move the car for example up the driveway a bit coz she has blocked your car then its so annoying.

i bought a cable from eBay for 12 quid, downloaded the free, limited version from ross tech and reset my airbag lights, did all the fault codes etc. cheaper than having audi do one of those for £40!

you sometimes see laptops and cable all packaged up for sale on eBay