Busy day working on the car yesterday

Reaction score
Started working on the car at half 9 yesterday.

Got finished at 6, I was shattered and had not eaten all day. Slept well last night!!

I was helping my mate (who has a garage) do the water pump, timing belt, oil/filter change, spark plugs and air filter clean and pollen filter.

I also fitted an ECS magnetic sump plug and a neuspeed snub mount.

I dont know how anyone could do this job on their drive, would be a nighmare.

Here are a couple of pics, I didn take many as I forgot.

Start at the garage.

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Engine stripped.

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

All finished

DSC00368.jpg

good action mate. least you dont have to worry about all that for a good while to come. how are you finding the snub? i loved that mod. car looks clean as always. noice

fair play to you mate, looked like a lot of work there.

well done

Hi, looking good, sorry if its off the subject but what happened to wour dark wheels? did you have them re-coated or did you get another set?

I have two sets, the dark wheels are waiting to get reconditioned.

I need to get these silver ones straightened as one or two have a slight buckle.

Nice! im thinking about getting mine done (or doing myself) as dark centres and silver rim, whats your oppinion on this, have you ever seen it done on our wheels? thanks.

Gd job mate, nothing like working on your own car!

I had a mad day last thursday, did timing belt plus changed all the front arms!

Mot'ed on fri only to fail on a snapped rear spring!:3sadwalk:

anyway, gd excuse to fit the lowering springs:icon_thumright:

oh, btw, if you fancy selling a set of wheels, give me a shout;)

snoop said:
good action mate. least you dont have to worry about all that for a good while to come. how are you finding the snub? i loved that mod. car looks clean as always. noice

Yeah seems to have made a little difference, you get quickly used to it so have kinda forgotten what it was like before now.

Nogwuy said:
Nice! im thinking about getting mine done (or doing myself) as dark centres and silver rim, whats your oppinion on this, have you ever seen it done on our wheels? thanks.

Yeah I want my other set done dark with a polished rim/lip. Dont know whether I can do it myself though or will have to pay someone to do it.

Will look great done though.

I fitted my Awe boost gauge today. Have had it for ages but never bothered fitting it.
Just another few smaller jobs to do this week.