REALLY NEED HELP - ASAP

jazzyc

Reaction score
Wwll, as you may know i ahve only had my car a couple of days and other than a few minor probs all has been well.

today i have been working on the pinging sound coming from the alarm in the boot and i have taken it out to change the batteries.

while going to the shop to get the bits the car suddenly started 'pinking' really badley - its almost as if you are driving alon and then switch the car off and then back on again. Inly driving through traffic so cant say if it goes when you get to any speed but as you pull away in say the first 3 gears and just apply the power there is a real 'cut out' of power and then it surges back in again and then cuts out again.

Thdash lights all stay the same and i have no warning lights on. The car sounds as though it is ticking over fine.

when i collected the car form the dealer they reset the airbag light and that was the only fault showing at that time so it seems its either something i have done or its just a coincidence.

The dealer is not local and i need the car to go away with the family tomorrow but there is no way i can risk driving it as it is.

please help

oh, the only other thing i have done is taken the top of the air box off to have a look at the condition of the air filter.

could i have done something here?

You could have dislodged a vacuum pipe when taking your airbox off, have a good look around for any pipes adrift...

I had the same problem of the engine cutting out on a sharp uphill bend on my way home from work. Turned out to be vacum related ,on mine it was a vacum pipe was broken near the engine block. It was a quick fix but took a while to find the fault. Just open the bonnet with engine running and listen out for a hissing noise that should help you locate the leak.

Good luck.

well i rechecked the 3 multi block connectors i took off when looking at the air filter but still no change.

had to bite the bullet in the end and go to my local audi/vw centre.

turns out it was the connector on the air flow sensor was loose. The one that is under the big rubber grommit on top of the air box. I didnt even know it was there, all i saw was a wire that seemed to run through the grommit.

must have taken him all of 5 mins to actually fix it and got a bill for £35!

on a good note though for some reason my air bag light has now gone out! dont know whether it was because he had moved the seat about and it is a dodgy connector or if he reset the fault codes when he was doing the other problem

too for the price of one not to bad i guess. Just hope nothing else crops up anytime soon!