Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5th Gear

Status
    I've just tried to do Tonyas but unfortunately the batteries have leaked all over the board breaking at least 1 and possibly 2 IC's away so if this fix works it has to be done on a board that has no or little battery damage.

sorry Tonya but looking on the bright side, it was knackered anyway and it's still knackered so not much lost really.
    Dave

"If that's the Turbo Fairy knocking tell Her I'm not in"

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    not actually looked at mine yet but if it was buggered and not working then wouldn't i be getting that 'ping ping' sound again?

5th Gear

Status
    well i connected the battery pack to Tonyas then plugged it into my car, no pinging but no alarm either, do you have the door locked confirm beep enabled on yours?
    Dave

1st Gear

Status
    no i dont mate but this is something i would like to have, dont know how you do it though.

I did try to see if the alarm worked and did what you said. I armed the car having left the window down and waited 30 secs or so untill the little red led flashed by the door pins. Stuck my arm in and sure enough the alarm went off. Its not that loud though i mean its not like pressing the main car horn. The alarm sound was from the unit in the back and was more of a 'bong bong' sound if that makes any sense??

5th Gear

Status
    yeah, crap innit. i've moved mine under the bonnet by extending the 3 wires to the alarm plug. at least i can hear it now.

good to know it's all working fine, well done
    Dave

1st Gear

Status
    would not have got there without your idea mate,

any ideas how i get the bleep to say the alarm is armed? is that a vag-com job?

5th Gear

Status
    yup, common setup is to enable the doors locked confirm beep, selective opening of the drivers door only then a second press of the button to unlock everything else and the autolocking above 15kph. done easily with Vag-com

the beep actually confirms the car is secure, not that the alarm is armed, for instance, if you leave the boot or a door open then press the button everything will lock except whatever is open, as soon as you shut the remaining doors, boot or bonnet it will lock and the alarm will beep. useful if you regularly get out of the car with armfuls of crap or if you have a wife who remains firmly seated untill the seatbelt and no smoking signs are extinguished...................
    Last edited by shineydave; 4th July 2007 at 22:00.
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12