LCD screen knackered on S4

doeboy

Reaction score
Anyone remember the best way to replace this? it's almost unreadable, Is there an OEM screen,don't tell me it's the whole unit!

I ought to call Audi and ask them how they'd deal with it. As it stand i won't be able to read any warning lights that show up.

I think it's easier to by a whole new instrument cluster. Over on AW someone is talking about a possible fix for the DIS, but it's not an easy job as the ribbon cable that comes off the unit has a built in pcb or something like that.

Then you have the mileage issue with a complete new cluster! And i'd be looking for an S4 unit unless you can change the clocks

The Audi fix is a complete new cluster, which involves recoding keys etc. Mine was done under warranty thankfully! Not sure if you can just swap the screen. You may be able to get yours repaired. Have a look at www.BBA-reman.com. they do repairs. There are probably others out there too.

I think i'll put this one on hold, a few other issues to deal with first. But i'll look at in soon, someone has said Audi quoted them £250 which i'd pay.

Audi have just quoted me £404!!! £270 for the part alone! Ouch, i may have no choice!

If you have a cluster which has the analogue clock is it possible to replace it with one with digital clock?

doeboy said:
Audi have just quoted me £404!!! £270 for the part alone! Ouch, i may have no choice!

That is not as bad as I thought it would be that's for sure. I expected over 1k as a guess.

macattax said:
If you have a cluster which has the analogue clock is it possible to replace it with one with digital clock?

The general consensous is, No. The later cars with the digital clock ran CAN bus which makes the clocks non compatible with the older wiring.

John

doeboy said:

That doesn't seem too bad. I got quoted £394 + VAT = £462.95.

Welcome to the world of expensive cars.

John

I'm getting the dash from my S4 (that I havent even picked up lol) sent to BBA reman this week it has lots of dead pixels, so I'll be able to tell you if it's worth it soon :)

(£150 + VAT and carridge)

As per the PM bud, nothing yet, they are dragging their heals... Soon as I have the car I'll let you guys know :)

I just called them up, and my dash is beyond repair! lol

Balls! It's only the LCD thats mashed, so back to the drawing board I'm affraid :( they did say however that if I could find another set of clocks they could transfer the millage and imob chip over, this might still be cheaper than going via Audi?

PVO_Dave said:
I just called them up, and my dash is beyond repair! lol

Balls! It's only the LCD thats mashed, so back to the drawing board I'm affraid :( they did say however that if I could find another set of clocks they could transfer the millage and imob chip over, this might still be cheaper than going via Audi?

True, but what puts me off the idea is the cost of putting it right at Audi if it goes pear shaped!

Looks like if i'm going to do it, i'll have Audi do it. However due to other issues with my S4 its near the bottom right of the list right now!