engine seems to be miss fireing

mike1234

Reaction score
:keule: hi can any one help? i have a 96 audi a41.8t 150 with an amd remap ss exaust straight through cat bypass and samco hoses in plaice the engine seems to missfire when i floor the throttle in the 2-3k rev range the boost gauge is still showing 12-13psi then drops off to 9-10psi my suspissions are that there is a air leak in the turbo pipes some where or the n75 is playin up if it is will it be better to run a n75j valve? all coments apeciated thanks.

No turbo expert here, and I don't know where the tubes are located on the Audi engines but when I went to see a 406 turbo a number of years back you could physically see the tube collapse inwards when the seller stuck his foot down in neutral, try that.

but then i re-read the Question and realised it wasn't a soft pipe but an air leak! rofl.

thanks just stripped all the turbo pipes down and rebuilt all up again the juddering seems to have stopped? one thing i did notice is that the pipe connected to the throttle body from the intercooler has a bit of oil in it is this normal?i have herd that turbos loose a small amount of oil through the bearings can anyone advise thanks

Mine is the same fella, all you can do is clean it out now and again, take off the Intercooler and clean it out using s solvnet based cleaner, disposing of it responsibly of course.