Replacing the Audi In Car Entertainment

Anito

Reaction score
I'm thinking about changin the in-car stereo of my A4. I'll go for an non Audi option such as Apline / Sony / Kenwood. None of this will be a problem except for connecting the new system to the DIS. The person I have asked about this so far tells me you can't connect 3rd party systems to the DIS.

Has anyone done this before? Can it be done? How?

I've seen peoople on this forum supply diagrams befoe, does anyone have a wirig diagram on this subject?

Cheers. <font color="blue"> </font>

I looked into this and I don't believe it can be done as the HU needs to have an appropriate output for it's display, which then has to be provided in the right format for the Audi display.

So have you changed yours? What did u do?

Yes changed mine for an Alpine HU in both my A4 and my wife's A3. The difference in quality is dramatic. Didn't even notice the lack of display on the DIS. A pretty pointless feature at the best of times anyway. How often do you need to see what radio station you are on?

Interesting that you have fitted Alpine. I think i'll have the Alpine 838 in mine.

I guess as long as the results in sound quality are better then no DIS isn't too much of a issue.

Cheers.