AH FabricationsBadger5
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096

    wanted chrome exhaust tips

    im after a pair of chrome exhaust tips for my A4 diameter is approx 59mm, can seem to find any decent trims been to halfrauds had some cheap and nasty or some big boy racer ones also had a look on ebay. does anyone work in audi who can may be measure one up for me and get a part number?

    thanks in advance guys

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    hiltoa's Avatar
    VAG erfahren

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    299
    TT tips on Ebay or search for 'genuine exhaust trim'...
    Nothing feels fast for long...

    2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI L.E.
    Ebony Black.
    1991 VW Golf GTI 16v
    Tornado rot.

  4. #3
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,294

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    How are these for you? The outside measurement of each tip is 76mm, bit bigger but maybe of interest!

    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  5. #4
    205man's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    worcestershire, uk
    Posts
    1,016
    rasa4 - ive been looking for the same thing for my 2.8.

    i did find a firm on ebay in the usa that had some proper ones to fit the 2.8 but by the time you bought them and the postage they became a very expensive option.

    my local custom exhaust shop said they could replace the tailpipes from between 50-90 depnding on style, quality and size. this way they would cut the old pipes back and weld in the new ones

    i think this is the option ill go for until i sort out the proper exhaust so worht trying one near you

    alan

  6. #5
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by hiltoa
    TT tips on Ebay or search for 'genuine exhaust trim'...
    thanks i was looking for a straight type if possible
    side view

    -------------------
    |
    |
    --------------------

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  7. #6
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    How are these for you? The outside measurement of each tip is 76mm, bit bigger but maybe of interest!

    thanks but i have twin pipes already just need the tips

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  8. #7
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by 205man
    rasa4 - ive been looking for the same thing for my 2.8.

    my local custom exhaust shop said they could replace the tailpipes from between 50-90 depnding on style, quality and size. this way they would cut the old pipes back and weld in the new ones

    i think this is the option ill go for until i sort out the proper exhaust so worht trying one near you

    alan
    thanks for the idea, however this sounds expensive esp after spending money on them then the exhaust 'goes' then having to start again

    im not asking for much some one must do them?
    Last edited by rasA4; 18th June 2007 at 21:19.

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  9. #8
    Lowlife's Avatar
    German Hardcore

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    566
    I got some from a local auto factor for about £9 the pair. One thing I would say is that if your pipes are slash cut you get a build up of carbon where the bottom of the trim doesn't meet the pipe, this results in black stains on the lower edge of the trim that you will forever be polishing off!

  10. #9
    Road Razor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    390
    As I'm having a new rear bumper fitted next week I'm looking for a pair of exhaust tips - the standard ones just won't do. I'm looking for a similar type that rasA4 mentioned probably just like the one in the first link below.

    http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/pro....cfm?partno=RI

    http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/products.cfm

    I probably be buying some locally.

    Note: To measure your exhaust its best to take a piece of paper and press it against the end of the tail pipe to make the rings of the shape. Then measure on the paper to determine the dimensions. I found that the standard 2.4 exhausts not circular, they're oval. Minimum diameter 63-64mm.
    Last edited by Road Razor; 19th June 2007 at 20:53.
    A4 2.4 V6 2000.

  11. #10
    Tonya Rosey's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    63
    Hiya there. Try www.longlife.co.uk . I am getting a S/S back box made, fitted and inc of VAT for 169. They make what ever design you want.
    Don't know where you live, but the nearest one for me is Leeds. They even offer you a courtesy car for the 2 hrs that your car is there!
    Tonya

    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...t=34181&page=4 ( pix of moi, half way down page)

    A4 1.9TDi. V reg.
    Sat Nav
    Powerbox PSI
    17" RS4 Replica's
    Bug eye lights
    Rear spoiler

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28
    I managed to find some for a beemer on ebay, they're slash cut and fit spot on (well, i did need slightly longer screws to fit them, but they look good)

    I think this looks like them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-3-SERI...QQcmdZViewItem

  13. #12
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    As I'm having a new rear bumper fitted next week I'm looking for a pair of exhaust tips - the standard ones just won't do. I'm looking for a similar type that rasA4 mentioned probably just like the one in the first link below.

    http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/pro....cfm?partno=RI

    http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/products.cfm

    I probably be buying some locally.

    Note: To measure your exhaust its best to take a piece of paper and press it against the end of the tail pipe to make the rings of the shape. Then measure on the paper to determine the dimensions. I found that the standard 2.4 exhausts not circular, they're oval. Minimum diameter 63-64mm.
    thanks crash, do you know how much the first one goes for? how easy is this to fit does it have to welded?

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  14. #13
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy
    I managed to find some for a beemer on ebay, they're slash cut and fit spot on (well, i did need slightly longer screws to fit them, but they look good)

    I think this looks like them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-3-SERI...QQcmdZViewItem
    ive had these before however i kept the original screws and guess what one has fallen off it lasted for 2 years though

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  15. #14
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonya Rosey
    Hiya there. Try www.longlife.co.uk . I am getting a S/S back box made, fitted and inc of VAT for 169. They make what ever design you want.
    Don't know where you live, but the nearest one for me is Leeds. They even offer you a courtesy car for the 2 hrs that your car is there!
    thanks Tonya im no where near there anyway dont want to change the back box yet, just want the tailpipe trims,

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  16. #15
    Road Razor's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by rasA4
    thanks crash, do you know how much the first one goes for? how easy is this to fit does it have to welded?
    No probs mate. I'll find out the prices and how easy they are to fit.

    Just found another site here:
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...05&tlgrp=RD002

    Daytona XSI tail trim:
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...de=AILFT75600B

    14.08 per 76mm trim.
    A4 2.4 V6 2000.

  17. #16
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    i do like the daytona trim might just order these cant see the fixings on these i assume its usual screw in the existing exhaust?

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO