K04-15

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
Any ideas where I can get one of these turbos as my K03 is on its last legs I think

chris

german ebay last one i saw

that is a lot for a ko4.
only $850 for a VF34 from Gruppe

Whats the maximun BHP on a K04???? with remaps and FMICs

Biglockie, i think the max bhp on the K04-15 is about 240hp.

Think this is also the limit on the injectors, although I have seen on't interweb somewhere that they struggle past 220bhp.

Tbh, I think the price for a K04 install is too much when its limited to 240hp. Thats why im looking at ATP eliminators - they are bolt on replacements and the GT2X is rated upto 290hp. Not bad for $1295

N

Not a bad price that really, you getting it from the states??

works ou to be bout £700 ish LOL

Not sure the best (see cheapest) way to aquire it. I was orig going over for a holiday later this yr and was just going to try and bring it back with me - but due to work thats not gonna happen.

Can't see shipping it to the UK being cheap once you included taxes.

My car is going into Star on friday for new shocks and springs - they've done eliminator conversions on loads of cars - so I was gonna ask Jim what sort of price he can do.

I wouldnt expect much change from 3K if you were to include a new manifold, injectors and mapping.

N

Not bad I'm just lookign for the turbo at the minute mineis on its way out, its jut done 106,000 miles which I dont think is too bad.

if they send it tou you and mark it as used car parts customs dont slap a tax on it apparently, not to sure about this, it was a mate of mine who bout some scooby bits from the states and the supplier did this for him.

What price does Jim supply them for??

I've heard similar stories, apparently suppliers labelling goods as 'Warranty Return' can avoid tax too. Tbh im not really conviced that either a) the supplier would do this for you or b) that Customs would fall for it.

To see if shipping from abroad is viable; you would need to find out if the shipping cost inc insurance (i've seen quotes for around $150 to the Uk from Canada) and the customs tax when applied, is still cheaper than purchasing the item in the Uk.

I'll get Jim to price me up a quote for the turbo alone and let you know.

N

edit : maybe there's room for a group buy :icon_thumright:

The group buy might be an Idea!!!!

See Olly about it dude

$:£ rate is good for shipping, i just bought a merge collector for my turbo mani and even with £40 tax it was better than I could have done here.
find a mate in the US! that is the answer

As for KO4's I know cars that have BAM blocks from TT's running over 300 on a KO4 (ok I know it is not the longtudinal model) but it is possible, thing is it is on the absolute limit of boost and EGT.

you will need bigger injectors anyway, regardless.
AFAIK TT 225bhp injectors are different to yours, get some 440's to be sure, £100 for a good second hand set

what power are you aiming for and how are you acheiving it with the KO4?

Looking to get around the 270-300BHP mark, either with the K04 or with an eliminator, FMIC, Induction, Exhaust, injectors and remap

Soupie69uk said:
You wont get 300bhp with a K04.

Will get 250bhp max I would say. I have 161wbhp with mine but its running the K03s remap.

you can. stock BAM block/head from 225 TT, KO4 with custom remap, FMIC, injectors etc etc

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117707

304lbft at 3421 revs, and 297bhp @ 5900 rpm.

easiest one I could find, there are more. just don't expect it to last that long.

Yeah those are the K04s on the tranversly mounted engine, get much better results than the A4 layout.

The standard 225 S3/TT will make 260bhp with a map. I think the only difference is injectors and the K04 turbo is a K04-23 which works far better than the K04-15.

If we put a K04-15 and bigger injectors I doubt we would see 260bhp.

those are standard TT engines. I can't believe that a different inlet tube is going to lose you 40bhp especially when the KO4 variations all have the same compressor and exhaust housing A/R figures and just different configurations for longi or transverse

the exhaust and inlet layout on a longitudinal engine is better and much straighter especially if you get rid of the stupid turbo inlet pipe.

not saying it is advisable, just possible

Pity you didn't ask 2 weeks ago - I've just come back from the States with a couple of mates who brought some parts back with them :wink wink:, could've done summat similar.

Sorry fella!

I wil be getting a VF34 in a couple of weeks if you fancy sticking a second one in the box. California to NY then UK.
sure we could sort something out

should be around £500