Remote Central Locking?

Ady1983

Reaction score
I have just put a deposit on a 1998 A4 1.8T Sport it seems very well specked, but I noticed it didn’t have remote locking as far as the owner knew it didn’t come with it which seems strange. Saying that the 2.6 SE we had didn’t have a fob either I just assumed the previous owner lost the fob. Is that likely to be the case with the one we have just bought or would it have been an option? If not how much is a fob going to cost and will it need to go to Audi to be set up??

Cheers
Adrian

Some of them didn't come with it. My 97 A4 2.6SE avant didn't have remote locking either - I did check.

Tony.

Mine didnt either, I bought a wireless entry kit off ebay, very simple to fit (half hour) and £20, works very well.

anyone fitted the kit on a A4, 1.8T, 1996?

im curious i dont think mines had a key fob at any stage.

its got central locking. would the above kit still works?

thanks.

Remote Central locking was an option when new on 1.8t Sports. My pals mum bought one new years ago and it didnt have it.

Beerzo said:
Remote Central locking was an option when new on 1.8t Sports. My pals mum bought one new years ago and it didnt have it.

thanks for the info, how can i find out if mines had it fitted or not?

i just replaced the latching mechanisn on the rear passenger door as it woldnt central lock. would i find any clues there?

Did you have one installed? I don't know where is the transponder on my keys...

Phone audi with your vin and say can i buy a remote key for my car and they will tell you if its possible.