Advice for Audi A4 1.9 TDi owner and new member

Tonya Rosey

Reaction score
Hello. I have just bought an Audi A4 TDi. V reg 2000. Can anyone tell me if a rear spoiler from an M reg 1993, would fit mine pls?

Also, where is the cheapest place for aftermarket rear lights? Don't want Lexus style. Preferbly, the blackenend ones??

How do you put an advert on here? I have some 15" Audi wheels with Michelin Energy tyres for sale as I have upgraded to 17".

Any help with this matters would be greatly appreciated!

Tonya:confused:

Hi. Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase!

Can't help you with the first two questions, but I can help you with the wheels.

Audi-Sport.net has a classifieds section (link is in the main links at top of page) specifically setup for buying/selling stuff! Simply click on the 'Place an Ad' link (above the statistics box in the classifieds section) and follow the instructions. It will ask you for a picture to upload from your computer (so you don't need to worry about uploading the pictures elsewhere and then linking to them) and gives you opportunities to enter description, price and other such stuff.

Hope that helps.

If I get a moment I might have a little look into the other questions.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Can anyone please help me with the spoiler? Will a 93 boot spoiler fit a Jan 2000? I have asked the seller and he does not know and the auction ends in a few hours!
Appreicate any help!

yes the spoiler should fit no problem, as the shape of the boot lid didnt change on the facelift models, only things like the bumpers, lights, interior, suspension etc etc.

but the actual body shell remained the same

alan

I'm not sure if the spoiler you want to fit is glued on or bolted on, but if its the latter, the best way to fit it is cover the portion of the bootlid it fits on with masking tape, remove the nuts from the threaded part on the spoiler then place the spoiler on the bootlid, line it up then bang the spoiler onto the lid with a mallet, just enough to mark the lid with a dent so you can drill the hole in the right place.

this may all be worthless if its stuck on however!

either that or make a paper template and tape that to the boot lid, tell us the item number and we'll have a look and see how it attaches.

for a cheap set of black lights you can just mist them over with a can of BMW black gloss paint, that's what i did with a celica i had a few years back, the lights still show through. but then again, i'm a tight ****

Thanks guys. Ok, well this bloke on a famous auction site, says that its from an Audi A4, M reg '93. Best of avoiding me thinks! Will buy brand new one.
As for the lights, don't know if black or clear ones it will be yet!
Indecisive I am at the mo!
Thanks for all of your help!