Door movement on rough(ish) roads.

hiltoa

VAG erfahren
Reaction score
Website
www.hiltoa.com
Has anyone noticed movement from the door when driving on less than perfect roads?

I can hear the door moving about on it's seal, as though the chassis is flexing.

Is this common, or do I have a knacked door / car! :faint:

Thanks, Al.

my drivers door does the same, and knowing the car since new, i know it hasn't been in a prang, so i was wondering if it is hinge wear or misallignment of lock/shut catch.

be interested if someone knows a cure.

All doors move when the car is in motion, if you want to check another car, just put your fingers up between the rubber and door at the top and have a feel while the car is moving. If you can hear it then clean the rubber thoroughly with soap and water, then give it a spray with silicone lubricant/polish then it'll be quiet.

Mine does it all the time too, but only on the drivers door. mine also has alot of wind noise at high speeds. I know i need to adjust the top half of the door to stop that but i have been a bit lazy lately and haven't got round to sorting it

How do you adjust top half of door then and will it get rid of wind noise?

there was a thread about it a couple of months back. you have to take the door card off (which is why i haven't done it yet) and then there is a bolt you have to loosen and then just move the top of the door in a mm or two and then tighten the bolt back up and then it should get rid of the wind noise. see here http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=35696

Sounds like you have the same problem as me, does your door move up slightly when you shut the door? If it does its dropped a bit over time, there was a thread a while ago on how to fix it, have a look.

Blue_Turbo said:
Sounds like you have the same problem as me, does your door move up slightly when you shut the door? If it does its dropped a bit over time, there was a thread a while ago on how to fix it, have a look.

Hmmm was wondering why my drivers door doesnt shut well, didnt think the door had dropped, yet another to do on my list.

i used to get a horrible squeeking from my doors cause of this. Some wd40 on the rubbers sorted this :p Guess it si normal