Upgrade from a 1.8 sport A3 to a 1.8T A4 AVANT

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I've been kicking around the forum for a few months now since I purchased my A3 last year sometime. I like a change, and I have set my eyes on the 1.8T A4 avant. They're nice looking, smart cars. What can I expect from the 1.8T, compared to my 1.8 Sport in the A3? I know the Avant is bound to be much heavier than the A3, but drivability wise, how is it? Are they easily upgraded?

I've been looking for a few weeks now but haven't seen much of interest. I'm doing a fair amount of Detailing at the weekend now and aswel as filling the boot on the A3, I'm now taking up half the room on the back seats (which is never ideal..)

Can I ask, what is "auxiliary heating"? It was on an advert and it baffled me?!

I'm looking in and around the £3k region, depending on what I get for the A3.

Any feedback, thoughts, personal issues and exeriences would be much appreciated.

Jimmeh said:

if its a B6 onwards i think it means passenger and driver footwells etc. can be set to different temperatures

Jimmeh said:

Auxiliary heating is normally where you have a oil heater on the car that can be activated by remote to warm up the air inside the car on a frosty morning. But i have only ever seen it on Range Rovers and never heard of it on an audi