anyone running 1.9tdi on 100% biofuel?

ScoobyA4

ding dang do
Reaction score
a garage has just opened up down the road selling biodiesel for 78.9p a ltr. Question is, i know that it may need a fuel filter change (when i run it on this alone) but is anyone out there already doing this? any issues?

It appears that it is made from recycled veg oil, not rape seed...

I understand it that Bio fuel is not 100% pure, its mixed with regular diesel anyway and most PD's will run on it no problem.

That reminds me I have recipies on how to make your own bio diesel.
I got it when I bought a diesel outboard engine for my boat.
So if anyone is interested in how to make their own bio diesel just pm me.

So long as it meets the standards you should be fine.

In terms of official compatibility, despite the majority of diesel vehicles on the road being fine on 100%, only a handful of companies will officially approve their vehicles for 100% use. The companies that have approved 100% biodiesel are VW, Audi, SEAT and Skoda. They have approved all their cars built between 1996 and 2004 on 100% use of ”RME” Biodiesel (Biodiesel made from Rapeseed) providing it meets the specification DIN41606 (which was later replaced by EN14214).
http://www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/approvals.htm

decided to bin it after running on my 2nd tank full. i managed to get 44mpg out of 2nd tank on the same journey i do weekly (Reading and back) when i normally get around 52-54mpg. also seemed to lose a little power.

The cost saving disappeared when you consider the mpg. i suppose emissions where lower, but climate change is a farce and until the world start to do something, its pointless. Welcome to the warm age! they'll screw you with a tax in some way or another anyway.