Electric windows for the rear help

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Hi all,

I have a 2.8 Quattro which I love the only main problem that I have other than the abs light keeps coming on which I'm looking in to is that my car has no rear electric windows and I wanted to know if its possible to fit the standard Audi setup in my car if I get all the bits. The main thing I wanted to know is if the car is pre-wired up for rear windows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well I'm goner find some time and pop the door panel of and see if there are any electrics in there just waiting for a motor and runners, and then hunt out all the bits from a breakers.

This manual crap is doing me head in every time one of my boys leaves it open and then it rains. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Remember you'll also need the switches for the drivers door, and additional wiring. This is what put me off doing it, as I've had the drivers door panel off and it didn't look like there was additional wiring there for rear switches. I guess if you've got full closure remote locking, it's not imperative you have this.

I really have no idea why manufacturers would make rear e/windows an option... it makes no sense at all. And I have no idea how some new car buyers would opt for a sunroof instead of an aircon, I would want both for sure if you're paying so much for the car what difference would 1-2k make? Madness! :) Unfortunately mine doesn't have a sunroof, but climate keeps me happy enough.