mot was due today

205man

Reaction score
my mot was due today and you know what its like you think its going to fail because you think that the ball feel like thaey have play or wheel bearing etc

but they just called me and its passed yipeeeeeeeeee

they have given me an advisor that i have play in near side trackrod end and front 2 tyres will need replacing in the next few months but i knew they would

but least i dont have to fork out on work to be done

alan

Mine sailed through the mot last week. And the mot only cost me £35! but my mate who took it in for me nicked my air freshener the *******!

Mine passed a couple of weeks ago too. Funny thing same dealer Mot'd it for the last three years. Every year i have had an advisory for wear on the bushes and told they would need doing before the next MOT.....This year they were fine, just 2 tyres will need changing soon.....must have one of those regenerating cars. Another 5 years and it will be like new :)

My car passed its first MOT today (having failed yesterday).

Had to change one rear tyre (but had both rears changed) due to excessive wear on the inside.

I blame the fscking speed islands/bumps. How do I get compensation from the council?

SamDude said:

Had to change one rear tyre (but had both rears changed) due to excessive wear on the inside.

I blame the fscking speed islands/bumps. How do I get compensation from the council?

not sure how to go about compensation mate. I was thinking the same the other day whilst creeping over speedbumps mega slow and still nearly ripping my exhaust off, its a good job i've got quattro otherwise i doubt i could get over them, they're like ben nevis lol

SamDude said:

is yours lowered, that's the usual reason for inner tyre wear. i've seen it on loads of lowered cars because the natural action is for the wheel to arc into the wheel arch as the suspension compresses. lowering it without adjusting the camber does the same thing so all the weight of the car is on the inner edge of the tyre

shineydave said:
is yours lowered, that's the usual reason for inner tyre wear. i've seen it on loads of lowered cars because the natural action is for the wheel to arc into the wheel arch as the suspension compresses. lowering it without adjusting the camber does the same thing so all the weight of the car is on the inner edge of the tyre

Its an unmodified 2.0TDI Sport. It hasn't been lowered...

There are two speed islands on my road that I need to go over/through every time I go out (and twice more when I come home...).

if we are going to sue the council then im going to sue them for my near side track rod end, as it been caised by all the pot holes along the edges of the roads round by me, and its not that i can miss them as the are so far in to the road.

but on a good not it was good the garage to come pick my car up mot it and bring it back, i know that i know someone there but was still good of them to do it, as i still cant drive yet after my knee op.

alan