dip stick

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
Guys broke the top section of my dipstick, where can I get a new one before the weekend the car goes to show on sat.

chris

orage thing on top of the holder? if so, i got one from gsf for about a quid... they dont have the part number on the net, but i told them what i wanted, what car it was for and they had it...

sorry, this aint wokring to well for me... i meant to say, is it the orange thing on top of the holder

Aye thats the bit, the bit at the top of the tube I'll chase one up fella!!

Nice one, Cheers

Ordered it last night from GSF, was bout a poond

Hi Fellas,

Got the same problem of the top yellow bit getting stuck and ending up broken...

Checked on GSF: is it the one called dipstick guide for a pound that you ordered?

Cheeers in advance.

i got a dif problem the other end was getting caught when using it and started to split so i had to cut a bit off , this happened after the waterpump was changed or could just be a coincidence

I went to the dealers to get mine cost less than a quid.

If the dipstick bit is not properly sealed (well since it's broken) does it affect anything if you run the car?

It will affect crankcase breathing to a certain degree, just like if you didnt have the oil filler cap fitted. Although to a lesser extent of course.

I wouldnt drive far without one fitted though, not for just a pound! replace it ASAP.

Yeah thats the bit dude, I got two when i ordered mine, they go brittle with the heat

I have noticed that the rings on the dipstick were all stuck into the funnel (this is the plastic bit between the guide and the dipstick) so I would need to replace the funnel AND the dipstick. gsf seems to only have the guide...

I'll ask a stealer but can't be bothered to go all the way to a stealer just to get that bit. Anybody knows who sells OEM audi dipstick and funnel?