Instrument illumination S4

s4mark

Reaction score
Hi there.
Just a quick question.
Is there any way to increase the brightness of the speedo illumination? The numbers and needles are fine but the lamps in the middle i.e sidelights and traction control are a bit dim. Just wondering if you can increase the brightness.

Cheers

There should be a 'scroll' wheel next to the headlight control to adjust the interior lights.

Or try turning (not pressing) the speedo reset on the dash...

SamDude said:
There should be a 'scroll' wheel next to the headlight control to adjust the interior lights.

Or try turning (not pressing) the speedo reset on the dash...
It is the later of your too suggestions mate...

thanks all I will give it a try. I do not have the scroll wheel my lights are operated by a seperate stork by the indicators.

Cheers

Dont' forget to come back and 'Thank' us (me) :eyebrows:

on the S4 the instrument illumination is also controlled by a photocell in the speedo, look somewhere near the bottom left of the dial, you'll see a greyish circle. it detects the ambiant light and adjusts the dash lights to suit so in strong sunlight the lighting gets stronger but at night it dims them as long as you have the knob turned fully to the right. when it gets dark later on take a torch out there and try it

Baker21 said:
Whoops....I hadn't realised it was an S4 but you had both eventualities covered...

Was used to the 'stalk' headlight control from my old A4. It was slightly fidgety...