Help - me A4 is gettin flooded!!

Pegsta

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've noticed recently since the wet weather has hit that the area in the engine bay where the battery sits accumulates water.

Is there supposed to be any sort of drainage system for this? I only ask because whenever it is like this (usually about an inch of water in there) and I go round a right hand bend I hear a hissing from the heating system and the whole car fogs up!!.. I've also noticed a small amount of water getting into the passenger footwell although the carpet is dry where it meets the dashboard underneath.

To get rid of the water I usually have to press the heater pipes aside by the battery to create a hole to let the water out.

I'm half thinkin of drilling a hole there to let the water out.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Cheers

Gareth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There should be a drain near the wing. It's probably full of leaves etc.

Sounds like your trick with the heater pipes may be causing the water inside the car....

Which wing? Drivers or passenger side? Is it underneath the battery or the computer?

The trick with the hoses just drains the water to the ground from inside the engine bay so there's no way it can get into the car.

Cheers

Gareth

Cheers!

Much appreciated.

I shall have a look at that tomorrow.

Merry Christmas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S Just a thought, if I'm removing the battery to get at these holes are there any things to be wary of? it's a 95/96 1.9Tdi.

LOL it's a TDi - in that case it's one badass battery! You need to remove the upper scuttle panel trim and the passenger side windscreen wiper.Both really easy jobs.

Those pescy holes were blocked on my TS, I gave the whole area a clean at the same time. Both wiper and battery tray nuts and bolts are 13mm.