Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: opinions please

5th Gear

Status

Thumbs up opinions please

Have just noticed JVC have bought out a new HU, the arsenal version....mmm..not so happy with the name, but just wondered what your thoughts are on the look. Spec is the same as the one Halfords are selling for 500, but buttons are red.

Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Looks very nice and with bluetooth

As with any electrical gadget i always wait 6 or so months + as the price always falls by quite a bit and id feel better about spending so much dosh...
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Well have been toying with the idea of this as it would match the dash and as you say it bluetooth. My only concern would be compatibility with the bose speakers and amp i have at the moment. Would the amp even work?
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

Amusing Tagline

Status
    Just over £200 on eBay!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

5th Gear

Status
    Yep, thats the exact site I was looking at getting it from, just waiting for a reply to an email as I guess it would come with US radio stations preset. Need to know if it can all be changed.
    When you see the prices in the states makes you wonder what the hell is going on in this country!!!! Thats the newer model than the one in rip off Halfords and half the price , even with shipping!

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I have a US AVX1 in my car and there is a setting to set the radio to EU Increments for the radio,no RDS Tho. Also it means the DVDs need to be either region free or region 1,i tend to rip my dvds and recode them region free to play in the car

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Don't ever buy ice from halfords, I worked there for a year and they're so over priced it'd unreal. Look in the back of magazines like max power, so so much cheaper, most places have websites, try somewhere like caraudiobargains.co.uk, they'll sort you out for a lot less money, may have to call some places though if its a new unit. Shop around, but don't go to halfords!!!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro