S4 front bumper

Reaction score
Ive taken my old front bumper off to fit the s4 one but it never crossed my mind that the alloy bumper bar was different. is there anyway of converting it or will i have to get the proper one and how much are they from audi ?? The side brackets fit fine but at the moment i have the bumper cover fitted held on with tie-wraps !!

Oh and the other thing is the o/s spotlight doesnt fit in as the bulb holder hits the horns !!!

The A4 one can be molded in to fit i believe,Well according to the US forums. Also the 2nd horn needs to be relocated to fit the fog. I used an angle bracket bent straight to do mine

I used an angel grinder to cut out two sections on my old on because it would not fit over the FMIC, never had a problem other wise.

The bumper cover seems to fit on the car apart from the horns. the problem is i cant get the a4 alloy bumper support to fit the s4 bumper !!

The bar fits the cover but doesnt line up properly so the bumper cover wont line up on the car but i may have a solution . I was in a breakers yard today and the guy there showed me some pics of an s4 avant that they are getting next week for breaking ,the bumper cover is knackered but the alloy bar didnt look like it was touched !!!

Got the bumper bar + the brackets as well so should get it done this weekend !!. Whats the going rate for an s4 facelift avant rear bumper ??

Are you absolutely sure the bumper bar is not damaged? Remember this is the main area of impact in a crash and you don't want to be messing with a damaged bar as this could seriously effect its function of absorbing an impact. If it has already been involved in an inpact then it may well not provide adequate protection in a subsequent accident.

Just a thought

Yeah its just fine the car was hit mainly in the wheel/door area so only damaged the side of the plastic bumper cover !!!

you will need the proper s4 beam to fit the bumper properly. the a4 one is too different. i did have pics of them both from when i did mine but ive deleted them now. :sorry:

SteveS said:
you will need the proper s4 beam to fit the bumper properly. the a4 one is too different. i did have pics of them both from when i did mine but ive deleted them now. :sorry:
I have the beam and the different bumper shocks which is what i bought off the damaged car as i have a good pu cover already ,all i need now is one bolt to hold the beam on now !!

i had to get longer bolts when i did mine, they are only M8 thread ones and are cheaper from a fixings supplier than audi.

Ive needed afew other bits so i ordered one of audi,it cost about £1.80 !!