Exhaust

Z82

Reaction score
Website
www.nosmodified.com
Just physically **** myself when I went to local Tyre/Exhaust fitters to get a quote for my blown exhaust.

Its gone at the front driver side flexi and they are telling me that comes as part of the cat and it will cost me £700 :sadlike:

Are thell in me crap or does this sound about right?
I think the part number he quoted was CAT AU035

BTW its a 1996 A4 2.6QS

Bull siht to me, Go to a cutom shop as they will be able to sort it out for a lot less.

For that kind of money you could get a cutom set-up.

well yeah they're right in saying that its part of the one section (well going by vagcat.com it looks that way................

untitled-2.jpg

but thats not to say thats the best option available to you. i had same thing happen to my flex joint but on the 1.8 its part of a short down pipe which then bolts onto the cat section so i just got that section and replaced it myself. see here for pics

start asking around the area mate, you will find someone who can help you. source the flex joint and get it replaced. surely this is possible

tae f::k with paying 700 quid anyway!

Yeah thats the bit.

I contacted another local place just outside the town and they recon they can cut out the flexy and weld in another for about £70 so Im going to see them tomorrow, Im just hoping it is there and not too close to the cat.

You can get flexi joints to weld in if you cannot get it done try Turriff Tyres mate they will do it for you and they are cheap i know they are maybe 70 miles from you but its a lot cheaper than £700

Skinner said:
You can get flexi joints to weld in if you cannot get it done try Turriff Tyres mate they will do it for you and they are cheap i know they are maybe 70 miles from you but its a lot cheaper than £700

Thats what Dingwall Tyres are hoping to do, so fingers crossed

nice one mate, glad to hear you got it sorted. :icon_thumright: and what a price difference huh!