Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    All hail the mighty quattro!

Status

Wheels and coilovers fitted at last!!!

Well one decent days work and it's finally lookin loads better, fairly easy job in the end, just setting the height took some time.

FK kindly make their coilovers in noggy blue, or near enough, nice of em!

Well we started with this....

4X4!!!!

Then the front went down, 1st time off the jacks was judged a little wrong! Looked awesome though, still drove, and had full lock with no scrubbing! All be it movin fairly slow!

Then a little fun! Drag stylee!

Then finally level, ish... I'll be checking it all again in a week or so.

I have to say the car's been transformed, handles so so much better now, took it for a "spirited drive" down some local back roads and there's bugger all scrubbing, still has all the liners and no arch rolling, will go 4 people up easily. Was well chuffed. Look awesome now. As for the FKs, a bargain! Fit was excellent, really well built and really not too stiff at all to live with day to day. Recommend em to anyone.
    Last edited by stapo69; 7th May 2007 at 13:21.
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Thumbs up

Very nice!
    2001 VW Passat 130 TDi Sport 6 Speed
    1999 Honda CBR900RR-X FIREBLADE

5th Gear

Status
    Lookin good!
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

OEM+ A4 Avant

Status
    Looks nice mate....

Reckon you should drop the front a little more though?!?!?
    Best regards,

Baker21 - 'OEM+' AUDI A4 AVANT 2.6 V6

6th Gear

Status
    Looking good, reckon you could get away with a few more cm's at the front.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice dont go too mad just yet as they need a few hundred miles to settle in so it still might drop...

Whats the ride like do you feel every bump or is it still easy to live with if your doing a fair bit of driving.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

Status
    The ride is actually pretty comfy, god job cos the roads round my way are shocking! can live with it just fine, no worse than lowering springs, but the handling is so much better.

As for the height, I agree it is a little high, thing is we'd been winding those spanners up and down for hours trying to get it level, couldn't be arsed any longer! but they've only just gone on so will settle down a bit over the next few months, plus it still has all the liners in and doesn't scrub and still remains very usable, I've had real low cars before and they may look good but it can become a pain in the arse, speed bumps, multi storey car parks, bottoming out, can't enjoy it as much, plus why have a car that big which won't carry a full load of passengers.

I'll see how it goes over the next few months, I may change my mind!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

1st Gear

Status
    I hope you have done the anti-roll bars at the same time? These by far improve handling more than any coilovers do.

Here is a pic of my car the way it was originally, I have raised it slightly at the rear. I did have it scrubbing on the front, turns out its my front shocks are a little knackered, so I am looking to get some coilovers soon to replace my existing ones. if you are anywhere near the southwest (or santapod this weekend!!) we should get together and compare :P

Facelift Imola S4 | Custom: K04's, Tubular Manifolds, 3" DPs-> 2.75" Catback | FMIC | H&R Coilovers + ARB's | Brembo 8-Pots | SS + DTS | 503HP/475lbs/ft | 1800W RMS

Sold: Audi A4 (B5) 2.8 Quattro | Ivory Pearl
    Melted: Corrado - IHI 1.8 20vT: 343BHP

Status
    I'll be at santapod this weekend, the 20th, ARBs coming soon hopefully, hopefully catch up then Zerok66. Be good to see yours run, looks nice, bet it goes like fook too!