Looks like i'm leaving the club!

doeboy

Reaction score
Should be swapping my 2.8Q for a Impreza in a few days.

I'm an audi fanboy but i don't have 8k for an S4 so i've had to look elsewhere for more power sadly!

I'll still be around though lurking......laughing at the youtube vids and so on....

So much for the LPG idea then!:) for £2500ish you could get a supercharger kit! thats what i am considering at the moe.

good luck with your scooby mate.
Sam

You will probably end up spending 8k re-building the scoobies engine....a few times :p lol!

Shame to lose you from the Dub-Club, atleast your a Dubber at heart :D

I'm not leaving now.

the scooby was a bag of ****

Today i went to look at 350hp Celica GT4, which was, well ****, and the build quality is crap too.

I'm ****** though.

Book price on a 98" 2.8Q is 3650 but they're selling on ebay for 2500

Booke price for the same S4 is 5000 and they're selling for 8000!

I vaigly considered dropping an S4 engine into mine, but i think i'll stick the the LPG in a month or so.

Keep the moderate power with better fuel ecomomy!

I've actually been looking at swapping my 1.8T for a 03/04 Impreza with the "prodrive performance pack". looks like 300BHP fun time with uber handling and all the mods and extras you'd ever want for like 10k seems really good value esp compared to similar cars.

Anyone got any experience with 'em?

If I do get one it would have to be black as they look too chavvy otherwise imo. Main reason I'm interested is my 1.8T just feels slow now I'm used to it and I think money would be better spent on a whole new car than modding the 1.8T, as while fun, will probably actually reduce the value of such these cars.

I'm also only 22 and want somthing a bit more exciting and fun :D

no no no no no and again no!!!!

had a 99 classic shape one and it was sweet with the PPP but not too modified but fuel consumption was sh1t quality was crap and reliability was crap
kept getting CEL light on and had to use optimax and octane booster and was just a real PITA to own
had to drive with fingers crossed
Sold it and bought a £1250 2.8Q and well happy

I was once gonna get a Scoob that had been fully modified by the guy that owned it, the guy was also a cop. When I looked at the car I noticed a lot was wrong wid it, like the clutch felt awful, the alloys had been burned by the brakes overheating for long periods of time. Rear bumper had 2 cable ties holding the lights for the number plates. The list went on and on, in the end told the guy I would give him a grand less than book price, he told me no way and that he would def get around the forecourt price he was looking for, and to be honest looking back now I wouldnt have my lovely 1.8TS which is immaculate compared to the scoob.

Heres another thing, when looking at a Scoob, imagine how the owner has driven the car. The younger he is the more likely the car has been driven hard every day of its life and thats when alarms should be ringing. Found that guys over 50 will have tret them right over time and a guy in his 30/40s woulda kicked its ***.

Well thats what I mean, you can get em with like 10k miles on for about 12k. 2003 model so hopefully not a whole lot will have gone wrong in that time? Same with any car really, if the owner looks like a knob its probably been cained to hell, its just more likely with a scoob but dosnt mean there arn't good examples out there.

I already know the fuel will be crap but I want a car I can have a lot of fun with before I get tied down with buying a house or whatever other outgoings I will face as I get older, and for 10-15k I think I can get a good example of an STI PPP with like 350bhp, which should be nice for track days too :p

My other thought was swapping the 1.8t for an S4 but surely an impreza will be > than it in most areas?

Beat it yes, if the Audi's stock. You can increase the power with the Audi but you can't do much with the sub Audi build quality of the impreza, even the newer ones! If you have that kind of money to play with buy an S4. I myself can't afford one, thats why i was thinking of a trade from quality to the power of a scooby. After looking at one, i soon changed my mind, i'd rather save for an S4!