Door rubber strips

Reaction score
My cars going to the body shop next week to have the s4 bumpers/spoilers painted and while its in there im having the sill trims and door rubbers colour coded but the guy wont paint them on so i need to take them off. Looking at them if i undo the bolt on the back do they slide or clip off and what are the chances of getting them off in one piece ???

Don't forget they often need changing. Well not that often but thats the reason why i didn't bother getting mine done. What others have done is removed them completely and filled the holes in and had it repainted in that area. Worth a though

They slide off by pulling about 15mm towards the rear, it depends on how corroded the strips are where the plastic clips are located as to if they come off in one piece.

Jimbo.King said:
They slide off by pulling about 15mm towards the rear, it depends on how corroded the strips are where the plastic clips are located as to if they come off in one piece.

This is true but be gental but tuff if that makes sence as you can break the little plastic bits that slide over the bits in the door.

When i had mine painted i bought brand new so i knew i had a good year or so before they would rot through again etc.I have had my car 3 years and thats the 2nd set i have fitted

I would like to take mine off but am scared that they are rusty underneath!!

I think I may just replace mine with the S4 ones as they will last longer.

Had mine colour coded but now I'm thinking of removing the lower trims which will give it a cleaner look rather than having a thick bulge above the side skirts.

Soupie69uk said:
I would like to take mine off but am scared that they are rusty underneath!!

I think I may just replace mine with the S4 ones as they will last longer.
I removed mine this afternoon,took me about 5 mins to do and they came off without damaging them !!