smoking triptronic 2.8 quattro s

205man

Reaction score
i had a nice enthusiatic (but legal) drive down the motorway today for about 30miles after being sat in traffic for 3/4 hour or so.

but when i got home and parked up there was smoke coming from under the arch, so popped the bonnet and it was coming from the rear of the engine.

it wasnt oil smoke as i have no oil leaks and didnt smell like it, it didnt smell sort of clutch like even though i dont have on as such being triptronic.

it lasted about 5mins or so, then stopped

im guessing with the hot weather/ standing in traffic then enthusiatic driving i may have got the auto box a little warm

anyone think it could be something else?

alan

Had a similar issue on a previous, turned out to be a split water hose leaking onto hot parts, gearbox, exhaust etc. was just hard to find with engine off cos the split closed up when not under pressure.
Who knows though!

ive checked coolant levels, and they havent changed oil level is also the same, im guessing its more the fact that my car does majority of town driving and this time i had chance to open it up a little (legally of course), and ive cleaned it out a bit

alan