ECU swap?

JayB5UK

Reaction score
As you'll know i'm attmpting to sell the car. If I were to want to swap the Revo'd ECU out and replace it with the original one, is ti just a straight swap in & out, or do I need to have anything done as far as VAG-COM?
And would the re-mapped ECU keep it's settings? I'm not 100% sure how they re-write the software and whether it is permanent once powered down etc?
Cheers lads.

think you may be looking at all sorts of problems.
usually 1.8t engine conversions into older cars require the clocks the ECU and the keys. think your ECU and imobilliser are linked and the key is the only part that it will recognise.

Think if it was that simple there would be a lot more ECU on eBay with Revo code on them.

I could be wrong though. depends on the type of key and imobiliser

Seeing as the ECU is from the car originally, then as long as you have VAG-com, it can be recoded to work in your car no probs AFAIK

Oh and the revo'd one will remain revo'd even after being powered down no problem at all

Byzan A4 said:
Seeing as the ECU is from the car originally, then as long as you have VAG-com, it can be recoded to work in your car no probs AFAIK

Oh and the revo'd one will remain revo'd even after being powered down no problem at all

Not sure if it was from my car in the first place or not, I reckon the previous owner was thinking of putting it back to standard, didn't bother and then gave the spare ECU as he was getting rid of the car.

jimya4t said:
just say i wanted to buy it. would it work in my car?

I'm afraid I don't know, this is why I asked, so I could consider selling mine standard and offering thr ECU.