Cleaned Throttle Body......

johnie72

Reaction score
Just got the car back from GCS nr Horsham. They did a cambelt change, thermostat, water pump, etc.... While they had the car I asked them to clean the Throttle body and change the gearbox oil (manual).

What a transformation, the throttle response is now razor sharp and the gear change very slick. The engine also feels very crisp and strong. :icon_thumright:

I would seriously reccomend anyone with a 2.8 30v gets their throttle body cleaned if it has anything like highish miles. The guys at GCS said there was loads of crap in there. Also the gearbox oil is well worth changing. It has totally transformed the gearbox which, to be honest, I tought was starting to feel very tired and baulky. Top work GCS........:respekt:

My gear changes are feeling a bit clunky recently (although I think my clutch is on its way out) might get the garage to change the gear oil as well then when its in, or is it possible to change the gear box oil easily yourself?

To chnage the gearbox oil your self ,you will need to buy the spline tool to undo the drain and filler plugs.Otherwise its dead easy once the undertray is out of the way

Does it take the same oil as the engine? Or do I need to buy some other shiz? 1.8T Engine btw if its different?

Rich said:
Does it take the same oil as the engine? Or do I need to buy some other shiz? 1.8T Engine btw if its different?

Nah mate, its a different oil altogether, a fully synth gear oil is supposed to be good for it. I have the spline tool here you could borrow, but i would need it back before 14th may as thats when my transplant takes place

Hey Phantom - I'm in Steyning. Really rate the lads at GCS, they know they're stuff.....