1.8T - Am I asking too much for....

can you not just link the page mate, would be easier!

JayB5UK said:

?

wasn't being funny but if you want peoples opinions on this then more people are sure to click a link than actually, going to ebay site, then having to look up a certain code!

£2995 would probably be nearer the mark.

Trouble is the mods will rule a lot of people out, that would otherwise be interested in what looks like a clean car

I was thinking about selling mine to fund a late 80 cab had a figure of about £4k in my head mines a 98 1.8t 70k with and i would let it go with the coilovers and rims for that, Trouble is people say "ive seen turbo a4s like that for £800-£1000 quid" and you can but they are all really early models with mega miles and are generally all over dogs... decided to keep it now though

IDUA3 said:
?

wasn't being funny but if you want peoples opinions on this then more people are sure to click a link than actually, going to ebay site, then having to look up a certain code!

totally, yeah, looked like it wouldn't work at first

PhilR said:
Trouble is the mods will rule a lot of people out, that would otherwise be interested in what looks like a clean car

I was thinking about selling mine to fund a late 80 cab had a figure of about £4k in my head mines a 98 1.8t 70k with and i would let it go with the coilovers and rims for that, Trouble is people say "ive seen turbo a4s like that for £800-£1000 quid" and you can but they are all really early models with mega miles and are generally all over dogs... decided to keep it now though
Well, I do have a standard ECU in the cupboard I was given when I bought it. The original exhaust had to be cut off as me and a mate did it on his drive not on a ramp, else I would have kept it.
If I could do 2 things I'd keep it - Rent a garage & get the Mrs to drive an estate day to day... She only ****** likes V40's though (ugh) plus it'll need to ba a reliable diesel.
I'm not selling it too cheap just to flog it, but I would take £3500 for it.
Agree, yeah you can buy a turbo for a grand, but you wouldn't get one that didn't cost money to keep on the road, or have a load of issues to sort out. Surely a re-mapped one is far more desireable, I haven't driven a standard one, but when I had the chance of mine instead of a standard, it was a no brainer!

Parkers list your car as £3620 for Private Good condition without mileage or spec adjustments (see linky)so maybe £3695 is being a bit too hopeful TBH. Like PhilR says, the mods may put people off, however subtle.

Mileage turns a lot of people off regardless of modifications mate. 4k is alright, you just need to wait. Not everyone flocks for a b5. they are too expensive on insurance and petrol for new drivers, also slightly older people look for younger newer cars. 2 Weeks is not long, 4k also gives you some knock down cash buys. So be prepared for someone to knock you down a bit.

Also purely for the fact its been re-mapped to produce more bhp, in my mind it sounds like it's been ragged and floored a lot. That may not be the case, but that's what i think when buying a new car.

I would take all the mods off and return it to standard and sell the mods separatly which is what i did with my megane coupe i ended up with just under a £1000 more than i wanted for the car once i had sold all the extras .It helped sell the car as well,i had no calls on it modified but when it was put back to standard it sold in 3 days !!!

Thanks, all good comments, if I had the original exhaust I would deffo re-fit it, can still swap the ECU back over I spose, a mate has vag-com.
I'm sure someone on here would be over the exhaust and ECU like a rash if I sold them together too!
As for the mileage, it didn't put me off @ 109k, and now it works out almost an average of 15k a year, as it will be 8 in July, people probably don't realise how tough these engines & boxes are either.
Ragged?! No.. Floored about, well OK, a bit, but I have only gone over 5k once or twice - no point. The chance to drive fast round here is rare, hence the move back to a bike!
I'm gonna hang on for a while before I get worried, going to go for a long drive at the weekend too and give it a damn good clean.

have to agree, whilst mine is/has been and will be heavily modded, I have kept all the original bits. ball ache to return them as standard but as you say, mapped ECU and exhaust will get you more money, may be worth getting a second hand a4 exhaust and refitting it.

question: didn't the sport models all come with half leather and either piano black or aluminium trim?

jcb said:
have to agree, whilst mine is/has been and will be heavily modded, I have kept all the original bits. ball ache to return them as standard but as you say, mapped ECU and exhaust will get you more money, may be worth getting a second hand a4 exhaust and refitting it.

question: didn't the sport models all come with half leather and either piano black or aluminium trim?

Dunno, I thought they were the Quat Sport ones myself. Unless they were specially requested, definitely Sport in the handbook and on V5.

Could always find someone who wants to swap exhausts and have the ECU i'm sure. It is a possibilty but the ad has plenty of life left yet.

got my 97 a4 1.8t advertised for £1950,cant get a sniff on it.

Think it's a crap time of year, garden centres and travel agents must be doing well though!

I've seen plenty of older ones for more, don't mean they'll sell though.
Have seen 95/96 models and non Sport 1.8T's for about £2k. Don't see how the **** has suddenly fallen out of the A4 market? I paid about £4500 for mine 18 months ago, with tyres and brakes needing attention, it was good money for a 99 facelift at the time.
There still certainly aren't any cheap ones down here in the S East! Well, nothing worth buying anyway.