an e-code question

4Ring Jelly

Reaction score
i have noticed on some b5 a4's in europe/uk that i have seen over the internet, the front lower bumper grills have black slats in between the lower grills. however, only some have this, as others have body colour ones.

which cars did the black come on? in this photo it almost looks like it is one big piece, true or false?

thanks
kitfront.jpg

If you mean as opposed to this:

Then the photo in your post is of a post-facelift B5, mine is a pre-facelift version. As far as I know, the pre-facelift normal (i.e. not S4 or RS4!) cars were the same as mine and the post facelift were like the ones on your post. Althought I may be proved wrong! The S4 and RS4 versions were completely different.

S4

RS4 style

The pic at the top is mine, and she is was fitted with a facelift bumper hence the grill style, the 3 pieces kind of overlap to make it look like one. The pre face lift one has 3 distinct grills that clip into the bumper and leave the colour coded section showing

^^^^^As stated above ^^^^^

ok, thanks guys.

so is it possible to retro-fit the facelift grilles onto a pre-facelift car?

also, i just found this photo, which seems to show the difference quite well:
A4.jpg

Over here its a bumper and grille swap,along with the appropriate wing mounts and shocks.I am not sure how it is over there for you guys

see here we never got the one that is solid black. the facelifts looked like the pre-facelifts, but had foglights.

but you are saying that i would have to get a whole new bumper and bumper-grills in order to have a front bumper like shown?