Ahhhhh big problem wheel nuts

Glenn A4

Loving the A4
Reaction score
From my previous thread my locking wheel nut key being ****** i found out today its not a audi part even though it looks like the newer shape locking wheel nuts. Took my car to a garage to see if they could do any thing and they totally sheerd the key off now its ******. I need to get them off but dont know how to go about doing it drill them out maybe. Worse thing is my brakes are grinding need new pads badly dont know what to do

any help

Take a visit to a decent tyre fitting place. They have allsorts of good stuff for dealing with this problem.
Good Luck
Si.

You can buy reverse thread 'Locking wheelnut removers' from most car or tool shops, but you need an air-tool to use them properly.

Most competent garages will be able to remove them for you in this manner.

What is the bolt pattern?

I sometimes end up using a punch and a big hammer to try and get them moving.

i finally got them all off the last one was a pig i welded a wheel brace on there in the end and broke it off like that. Tryied every thing else

attachment.php

Well done mate, i've had this **** before.
Luckily (or not) it was with the old type 3 pin ones, we had an old socket in the garage and hammered the crap out of it to get it in the other bolt, which was a "close" match.
I know screw-fix do a set of 3 tools in a box for this horrid job! I'm sure mechanics have to do this quite often!