WHEEL OFFSET HELP!!!

Baker21

OEM+ A4 Avant
Reaction score
Website
www.hella.com
I need some advice guys, I am not completly stupid, some would argue but I am struggling with the wheel offset calculation?

Can anyone tell me the offset of the wheels on an Audi A4 Avant? Is it and ET45 or ET35?

What would be the likely hood of fitting some ET54 wheels?

Any help would be appreciated.

43, higher offset is easier than lower, you could fit a 10mm adapter between hub and wheel.

can;t fit rs4's because they are so low (ET20)

jcb said:
43, higher offset is easier than lower, you could fit a 10mm adapter between hub and wheel.

can;t fit rs4's because they are so low (ET20)
OK then that sounds good to me, so I would need to potentially stick the wheels out of the arches some more?!?!

should be fine, what width are they?
I am looking at 8.5" wheels or 8" wheels from an rs6 in 18"
that could be a difference of about 0.75cm at the arch

jcb said:
should be fine, what width are they?
I am looking at 8.5" wheels or 8" wheels from an rs6 in 18"
that could be a difference of about 0.75cm at the arch
They are only 7.5J so there shouldn't be any problems and only 18's from the current 15's so I should just buy these rims and have no problems......

You want ideally ET35 offset on the B5, I have ET35 on mine and that sit perfect to the wheel arch, ET45 seem to sit in a little too much like the wheels aren’t wide enough and ET54 would look completely daft if you could get them on.
To put ET54 on you would need a 20mm wheel spacer on to make it ET34 but then you need to buy longer wheel bolts because the original ones wont be long enough to bolt onto the hub.
+ the wheels have to be 5x112 stud pattern

event dafter question & sorry to jump thread if I put 17" 7.5J et35 wheels on would I still be able to use my std tqs 17" tires?

what width? I have 235 on my 7.5" 17's

OK ta, might just wait for my tyre sto wear out and get 18" rs4 reps instead of 17" I dunno.

Hi, I have RS4 replica 7,5J x 17 ET 32 with 205/45/17 tyres on for sale if you're interested. They've been refurbed and look really nice. They're drilled 5x100 and 5x112.

The finish is more metalic than standard so they really sparkle. They have Toyo T1-S' fitted and are all balanced and ready to go, all four tyres are legal, two have some wear on the edges but are ok and would be fine fitted to the rear.

I have a set of wheel bolts inc lockers, and centre caps. These are only stickers so can be exchanged for Audi.

I'm also selling me original and non replica RS4 8,5x18's ET20. I have them on my A6 1.8T but are too big so I'm downsizing to a narrower wheel - 8x18 with ET35. As we can't send attachments I'll send you PM with pics if you want.

Cheers:)

Hi m8, that would be good let me know what you are looking for them as well

StevoA6 said:
Hi, I have RS4 replica 7,5J x 17 ET 32 with 205/45/17 tyres on for sale if you're interested. They've been refurbed and look really nice. They're drilled 5x100 and 5x112.

The finish is more metalic than standard so they really sparkle. They have Toyo T1-S' fitted and are all balanced and ready to go, all four tyres are legal, two have some wear on the edges but are ok and would be fine fitted to the rear.

I have a set of wheel bolts inc lockers, and centre caps. These are only stickers so can be exchanged for Audi.

I'm also selling me original and non replica RS4 8,5x18's ET20. I have them on my A6 1.8T but are too big so I'm downsizing to a narrower wheel - 8x18 with ET35. As we can't send attachments I'll send you PM with pics if you want.

Cheers:)
Send me some pics while your there buddy.....