Locking Wheel Nut Key

If you're just looking for a key to get your old ones out, then I doubt that the ebay ones would fit. They should all be a little different, otherwise all the junkies and chavs would be buying them and nicking your wheels.

Any decent tyre fitter should be able to remove them without a key, just means you'll need to buy a new set of locking bolts to replace them.

there are 2 oe options i have the star/splined option like yours and i bought it from the main dealer.

as chris3 says they should all be different, do you have all your original paperwork with your car? as it should list the key serial number with it, so you could go to dealers and nuy just a new key.

they can be removed, but be prepared as if they are siezed tight your alloys may get damaged when removing.

alan

assuming the head on the locking nut is ok, then the dealer can get the Key (if you have the document / serial) and all is well...

If not, you may find that they have to drill the nut out. i had this happen on my previous car where the head of the nut of dead... not the worlds cheapest job, but is anything that is done at the dealers? :)

you dont always have to dril them out there is another way to remove them but depoends on type of lockin wheel nut, and how much room round the head of it you have

but it still isnt an easy job, i had to do my mate vectra sri the other week as his key was knackered, it most of the day to to remove all 4

alan

Nope i havent goit the old paper work the car is 10years old looks like i am going to have them broke off. what a stupid locking key last time the wheels were off was when i had 4 new tyres they were put back on with a gun must of nackerd it then

i have had 3 set's of locking OE wheel bolts, they all used the same key? i would therfor assume they are all the same? i'm not that lucky to buy 2 sets , all with the same key! that's more than coincidence!

if i can find one of the other keys i'll send you it to try.

order yourself a set of mcguard bolts, much more secure!

Thanks people for the quick replys cant belive how crap those keys are surprised they last at all. Will get them off a get a proper set..