Engine is fixed... follow on from engine and turbo is dead

PhilR

One Ate Tea
Reaction score
Well i drove the car for the first time in about 3-4 weeks last night, and im glad to say it seems to be ok

I have set myself a 3k rpm (2k cold) rev limit for a few hundred miles to allow everything time to settle.

Hearing the hydraulic tappets with the bonnet up in a garage before the oil pressurised them was a harrowing experience but they quitened down quite quickly now it sounds really smooth

Car started as i would normally expect this morning with the first flick of the key and with no rattles, just hope everything stays alright !

yeah i had a small panic when the tappets took a good 5 mins to quite down on mine fully even though oil pressure was ok after the rebuild, mines done 1k miles now after careful running in.

macca said:
yeah i had a small panic when the tappets took a good 5 mins to quite down on mine fully even though oil pressure was ok after the rebuild, mines done 1k miles now after careful running in.

I was expecting it to be honest but when you are anxious it all seems a lot louder !