throttle body

a4quat

Reaction score
does anyone know if its easy enough to remove the throttle body just to give it a clean, i think my car is non dbw.

4 allen key bolts, just get replacement gaskets before you start only a couple quid.

is there a gasket set you just ask for or do you have to ask for specific ones?

you can check etka before, or just go to parts at audi and they will look through etka for you and give you the correct one for your version of the 1.8t

after using the search button:idea: ive found a few threads on this and the next thing ive got to ask is do i need vag com to reset the tps? or is this on dbw only? mine has a throttle cable going to the tb so im guessin mines ndbw?

Sounds like yours is nDBW. If you disconnect the battery before you remove the throttle body for cleaning, the TPS will automatically go through the adaptation when the battery's re-connected. Just make sure you don't try to start the car before it's finished fannying about.

another question then, are the stereos coded, may need to look make sure i have the radio code before disconnecting battery.

You shouldnt loose the radio code. Audi code the radios to the car apparently. I recently dissconnected the battery and didnt loos the code. Audi used to retreive the codes for free but I think they may have started charging for the service.