Supercharger

Z82

Reaction score
Website
www.nosmodified.com
OK bear with me as I know absolutely jack about superchargers.

Would a SC from a Corrado G60 fit an Audi 2.6 V6 quattro?
I think the G60 is a VW 1.8?

If it will is there much work in fitting one?

Reason I ask is I know someone breaking 2 G60's

a g60 needs a lot of attention, they're a basic charger, more reliable would be something like an eaton. Eaton you will have a choice of size more appropriate than a g60 thats sized for a 1.8. do remember supercharging a car will put more work on the internals and expense of custom pipework. with all the fabrication maybe cheaper to buy a 1.8t engined car and chip it to better effect though!

I would think that a G60 charger would be too small for a 2.6, they are also not particularly reliable.

You would be better off sourcing an eaton from a mercedes kompressor But you are still going to need brackets (assume the charger would fit between the cylinder banks ??) belt pulleys tensioner and the hardest thing, ecu software to run it al. Without lowered compesssion from new pistons or a spacer plate you are limited to what boost and power gains you can expect.

Im sure docurley will be along soon and he knows more about the v6 superchargers, he used to have a 2.8 with the PES (?) kit

never mind that, what condition are the G60's in? How broken are they!?

Not sure the G60 fraternity would appreciate the slating of the GLader, they do have their issues though.
pipework, intercooler and mapping are all relatively straighforward.
There are a variety of ECU's/Software you could run bespoke spark and fuel to incorporate the S/C. could get yourself a RS4 ECU, clocks and key I am sure....pricey though.

How much do you have to spend?
Not cheap.
would be the same if not cheaper to sell yours and get a high to mid mileage S4. lot easier to stick a super charger on an already blown car.

not everyone wants it that easy though

To be frank even if you wanted to produce something different it would cost more than trying to fit a PES supercharger kit to your 2.6 which would only be able to run 10psi max plus you would have less power than the 2.8.

Being different is all well and good but you need to know is it going to be worth your while and what is it you want from the outcome, then decide is there another way to do this cheaper and better to give you a better outcome.