Carbon Fibre Mirrors

mckay9uk

A4 2.4 30V PES Supercharged
Reaction score
I shall shortly be making myself a pair of carbon fibre door mirrors. in homage to the riot of Carbon fibre on the Audi/Lambo Superleggera i am considering making these available for sale on the site, i think they will be a good alternative to the silver plastic ones i bought off Ebay (poor quality) they will withstand impact a lot better as well, they will probably take me a day to make one pair, is anyone interested, i shall have the prototypes photo's in about a week's time let me know i am also considering making carbon fibre interior trim as well if this takes off.
Let me know Cheers

i shall be interested, my step-father used to make carbon/kevlar stuff but has since retired, i miss his skills very much.

Yes I would defiantly be interested depending on prices if you have pictures of some of your work and price list would be useful.
Would you do a Carbon Fibre strut brace?

I am interested, i located some in Germany once,but it was for one full size and one stubby.let us know mate

I shall start off with the mirrors as i have an old pair lying about to experiment on, dont think it will be to hard to do a strut brace, i have some door cards from brzan4 that he left in my garage i shall see if i can use these as moulds for the carbon interior trim (nice one brzan4) i'm thinking a good price for the mirrors will be £75 a pair compared to the £55 i paid for the poor quality silver S copies off Ebay ! They will take me about 1.5 -2 days to do one pair.

I'm interested in the interior bits mckay and bits for under the bonnet including strut brace.!!!!!

Keep us up to date fella,

V' interested in mirror covers, interior trim strips, center console trim (99.5 >) and bespoke trim for my ashtray mounted gauges...:yum:

billybravo said:
would you be able to make a whole door card out of carbon if so im keen as ****
dont think that would be a problem to make but you can have to much it looks better in small sections on interior trim.

this year im stripping the a4 out im keeping the dash and just having a roll cage and one race seat well thats my plans oh and big turbo :)

you have a ruff price for all four door cards

cheers

craig

billybravo said:
this year im stripping the a4 out im keeping the dash and just having a roll cage and one race seat well thats my plans oh and big turbo :)

you have a ruff price for all four door cards

cheers

craig
I'll have to price the raw materials up first before i can let you know how much it will cost, watch this space i shall have a better idea in the next few weeks.

Id be very interesten in carbon mirror covers, would go well with my black roof !

Carbon audi rings for the grille would be cool too !

*A3 Girlii* said:
Yes I would defiantly be interested depending on prices if you have pictures of some of your work and price list would be useful.
Would you do a Carbon Fibre strut brace?
Yes i've just looked at doing a strut brace it will be no problem to do, i could get a really nice finish on the alloy i'll do mine next week and post the shots.

I am really interested as I was checking out carbon effect sticker-type trimer....

So will they be glossy or blunt raw carbon look ?

Can't wait to see the prototype.

Keep us informed mate!

As above, interested fo sho! Its all about the pics tho ;D

A4NA18 said:
I am really interested as I was checking out carbon effect sticker-type trimer....

So will they be glossy or blunt raw carbon look ?

Can't wait to see the prototype.

Keep us informed mate!
You can have a choice of the raw F1 carbon look or the highly laquered look the choice is your's, looks like i've started something here, the first set of mirrors will be ready next week i have one set of spare covers to start off with if anyone has any mirror covers available so that i can build some stock up i would be very grateful and of course you will get a discount, the mirrors will have to be on an exchange basis i send the carbon ones out you send back two covers they can be cracked or scratched as long as they dont have any holes they can be repaired and reinforced with carbon fibre, recycling at it's best !

I thought you were making a mould but if its just overlaying If i get a stubby US mirror, could you do this too ?

If I send you the cover for my power steering bottle could it be covered in carbon??
it'll go with my engine cover and the air box

Biglockie said:

How much to cover my whole car in carbon ?

I hate thinking about ally/carbon dressup pieces there are just so many things to consider !!!

*A3 Girlii* said:
Carbon junkies.....
ohhh yesss
please get pictures up ASAP
and a price list....
cant wait!!!
were are you based?
I'm based in the east midlands i've just got out of hospital after a major operation and i wont be able to go to work for the next 6 months so i thought i would do something to keep busy, this is obviously a good idea , i'd better get busy asap the first set of mirrors will be ready next week.

PhilR said:
How much to cover my whole car in carbon ?

I hate thinking about ally/carbon dressup pieces there are just so many things to consider !!!
you need to go to carbon rehab !

PhilR said:
I thought you were making a mould but if its just overlaying If i get a stubby US mirror, could you do this too ?
No problem to do that i'll start off with overlaying the mirrors as it will make them stronger than standard equipment as the idea to do this came to me when i had a drive by mirror smash, i wondered if carbon fibre would have withstood the impact plus it looks good as well, i will make some moulds over the next few weeks of other items.

Biglockie said:
If I send you the cover for my power steering bottle could it be covered in carbon??
it'll go with my engine cover and the air box
That should'nt be a prob to do mate, should be taking orders before the end of next week.

docurley said:
Still need a price my man.
The mirrors will take 1.5 to two days to do a pair, i think a good price will be £75 compared to the Ebay shinies at £55 mass produced, these are hand finished.

mckay9uk said:
The mirrors will take 1.5 to two days to do a pair, i think a good price will be £75 compared to the Ebay shinies at £55 mass produced, these are hand finished.
From start to finish.