EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: Selling my 2.8

3rd Gear

Status

Selling my 2.8

I've almost decided to sell my 2.8Q not an easy decision i can tell you. it's the best car i've owned. However i can't keep putting Ł180 -200 per month into the tank for 900 miles! it's just too much added with the Ł800 insurance i'll have to fork out next month. I've spent almost 2.5K in the 11 months that i've owned her. What do you think i should advertise it for. they're up for 4K on auto Trader, but only seem to be selling for between 1500- 3300K on ebay. I've put much love into this car, and i was hoping for at least 4 grand. It pains me to sell but i'm going for an LPG Car, should cost 50-70 quid for the same mileage per month!

1998 2.8Q, FSH, 106K on the clock, smooth as they come. Tiptronic, black leather, walnut, Aircon 18" RS4's Bodykit. Lowered. RS4 grille.

Shown in my Gallary. I've also had a Ł300 stereo fitted 7 months ago.
    "If that's the Turbo Fairy knocking send her round to ShineyDave's"

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    You should get a 1.8TQ fuel cost is near on half the cost and trust me I know.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

6th Gear

Status
    I'm getting on average about 29 MPG with my 1.8T.

Which i'm happy with.
    S4.

2nd Gear

Status
    I get 30-32 average 1.8T chipped. I am still un-impressed with the amount I have to spend on fuel though - must be getting bloody tight in my old age. I do about Ł100-Ł120 / month and that must be 2 full tanks (Ł55) of about 350-370 miles, although it'll do 400 on a full tank if it's all a run.
    What does the 2.8 do to a tank then?
    2001 VW Passat 130 TDi Sport 6 Speed
    1999 Honda CBR900RR-X FIREBLADE

5th Gear

Status
    my 2.8 at the moment is telling me im getting an averaGe of 20.9mpg, and thats with a mix have my daily journey in traffic and half on A/B road

alan

2nd Gear

Status
    Christ! I'm not moaning about 30 mpg anymore, but it ain't great on a ruin really either. Planning a few long distance trips this year, so with a diesel i'll get further on a tight budget - the joys of becoming Mortgaged up!
    I do a mixture, my work commute is only 7 miles, between standstill / 12mph and about 45mph max. Other than that it's town driving - but I do try to avoid that and use the mrs' motor -306td (ugh!)
    Will be nice when I am on the bike overtaking everyone, without even needing to ride like an idiot. The road is a single carriageway A road, too many cars with 1 person in commuting like me.

4th Gear

Status
    On mine the computer is telling me about 24.9 mpg which is a mix of motorway and A Roads and a bit round town. but if i take it easy i can get around 28 mpg. running it on Vpower i can get a 380 miles out of a tank of motorway driving. its no thirster than any other car i have owned. Why don't you just convert the 2.8q to lpg? or is that not possible?

S6 avant

Status
    sold mine tonight sad to see it go. hopefully it'l get well looked after. although i only had it less than a year it was one of the nicest cars ive ever had - and really reliable too. good luck with the selling! hope you get as many calls as i did!!!
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS
    sold mine tonight sad to see it go. hopefully it'l get well looked after. although i only had it less than a year it was one of the nicest cars ive ever had - and really reliable too. good luck with the selling! hope you get as many calls as i did!!!
    One sec you went to all that trouble with the S4 bumper and then sold her
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by docurley
    Cunning sales tactic!

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes, and i've just spend all that cash on mine and will be selling it - won't get it back, lucky to get 40% return on it TBH

Also my Insurance renewal is Ł800! and thats the cheapest!

I'm getting 18 MPG.

Converting my car to LPG would be fine but it's between Ł1000 - Ł1500 i believe! I don't have that kind of cash spare and again, the insurance is still high.

There is a reason i only get 180 miles on a tank, and sooner or later i'm going to misjudge something and WHAM! May not be around after. I need a more sensible car. No one likes sitting in the car when i drive, now i've decided that too myself!
    "If that's the Turbo Fairy knocking send her round to ShineyDave's"

S6 avant

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by docurley
    yes doc afraid so! i didnt have any plans to sell it at the time but im coming into a bit of money and really want an rs4 so i decided to advertise it but didnt expect it to sell within a week on piston heads!

Reverse Gear

Status
    mines just over 162k miles and still shows 25.8mpg at average 31mph and on a run its up to 30mpg???? its either rubbish or i drive like me dad ?
    well, 85ish on m-ways????

and thats on 18"s with 245's on......

still it makes up for it with oil...1l per1k. Me thinks the valve stem seepage is to blame

dont spose anyones had it done and have a cost?? 30v gulp!