Selling my 2.8

doeboy

Reaction score
I've almost decided to sell my 2.8Q not an easy decision i can tell you. it's the best car i've owned. However i can't keep putting £180 -200 per month into the tank for 900 miles! it's just too much added with the £800 insurance i'll have to fork out next month. I've spent almost 2.5K in the 11 months that i've owned her. What do you think i should advertise it for. they're up for 4K on auto Trader, but only seem to be selling for between 1500- 3300K on ebay. I've put much love into this car, and i was hoping for at least 4 grand. It pains me to sell but i'm going for an LPG Car, should cost 50-70 quid for the same mileage per month!

1998 2.8Q, FSH, 106K on the clock, smooth as they come. Tiptronic, black leather, walnut, Aircon 18" RS4's Bodykit. Lowered. RS4 grille.

Shown in my Gallary. I've also had a £300 stereo fitted 7 months ago.

I'm getting on average about 29 MPG with my 1.8T.

Which i'm happy with. :happy:

I get 30-32 average 1.8T chipped. I am still un-impressed with the amount I have to spend on fuel though - must be getting ****** tight in my old age. I do about £100-£120 / month and that must be 2 full tanks (£55) of about 350-370 miles, although it'll do 400 on a full tank if it's all a run.
What does the 2.8 do to a tank then?

my 2.8 at the moment is telling me im getting an averaGe of 20.9mpg, and thats with a mix have my daily journey in traffic and half on A/B road

alan

Christ! I'm not moaning about 30 mpg anymore, but it ain't great on a ruin really either. Planning a few long distance trips this year, so with a diesel i'll get further on a tight budget - the joys of becoming Mortgaged up!
I do a mixture, my work commute is only 7 miles, between standstill / 12mph and about 45mph max. Other than that it's town driving - but I do try to avoid that and use the mrs' motor -306td (ugh!)
Will be nice when I am on the bike overtaking everyone, without even needing to ride like an idiot. The road is a single carriageway A road, too many cars with 1 person in commuting like me.

On mine the computer is telling me about 24.9 mpg which is a mix of motorway and A Roads and a bit round town. but if i take it easy i can get around 28 mpg. running it on Vpower i can get a 380 miles out of a tank of motorway driving. its no thirster than any other car i have owned. Why don't you just convert the 2.8q to lpg? or is that not possible?

sold mine tonight:3sadwalk: sad to see it go. hopefully it'l get well looked after. although i only had it less than a year it was one of the nicest cars ive ever had - and really reliable too. good luck with the selling! hope you get as many calls as i did!!!

SteveS said:
sold mine tonight:3sadwalk: sad to see it go. hopefully it'l get well looked after. although i only had it less than a year it was one of the nicest cars ive ever had - and really reliable too. good luck with the selling! hope you get as many calls as i did!!!

One sec you went to all that trouble with the S4 bumper and then sold her:bye:

Yes, and i've just spend all that cash on mine and will be selling it - won't get it back, lucky to get 40% return on it TBH

Also my Insurance renewal is £800! and thats the cheapest!

I'm getting 18 MPG.

Converting my car to LPG would be fine but it's between £1000 - £1500 i believe! I don't have that kind of cash spare and again, the insurance is still high.

There is a reason i only get 180 miles on a tank, and sooner or later i'm going to misjudge something and WHAM! May not be around after. I need a more sensible car. No one likes sitting in the car when i drive, now i've decided that too myself!

docurley said:
One sec you went to all that trouble with the S4 bumper and then sold her:bye:

yes doc afraid so! i didnt have any plans to sell it at the time but im coming into a bit of money and really want an rs4 so i decided to advertise it but didnt expect it to sell within a week on piston heads!

mines just over 162k miles and still shows 25.8mpg at average 31mph and on a run its up to 30mpg???? its either rubbish or i drive like me dad ?
well, 85ish on m-ways????

and thats on 18"s with 245's on......

still it makes up for it with oil...1l per1k. Me thinks the valve stem seepage is to blame

dont spose anyones had it done and have a cost?? 30v gulp!