What does this kight mean !!

Reaction score
On the centre digital display(above the fuel part) there is an orange light on which looks like an upside down bulb with a line through it. Anyone know what this means ???

I thought that but ive checked all the lights and they are all ok,the only ones i forgot to check was the number plate lights and fog light !!

The bulb out light is only for dipped headlights and rear lights.
Brake light out has brackets round the same symbol. Doesn't anyone read the manual for their cars?
bulbsymbol.jpg

Could be a tail light did you check them?

AndyMac said:
The bulb out light is only for dipped headlights and rear lights.
Brake light out has brackets round the same symbol. Doesn't anyone read the manual for their cars?
I would if i had one but it never came with the car,ive checked the fog light,number plate lights and the brakes light now as well and they all work fine ,i just re checked the symbol and it has a circle round it with brackets on the outside !!

Ive checked them and they both work fine !!!

Looked in the book, for a bulb with a cross through it + a circle round it and brackets on the outside, says brake light bulbs are blown, or poss fuses or wiring on the brake light system,
Jim

Is it a light bulb or a circle with a "!" in the middle, with brackets round it.
If the latter then that's the brake fluid warning light, nothing to do with bulbs.

Its definatly a light bulb,ive checked every light on the car including the red lamps in the doors and every bulb is fine. I though the n/s/r fog lamp didnt work but when i checked its a blank anyway (who's idea was it to put the cd changer there !!).

Byzan A4 said:
Bare in mind it could be a faulty bulb in the cyclops brake light
Just been outside to check and they all work as well !!

Check and make sure it hasn't got a single contact bulb in instead of a stop and tail bulb, some jocky might have put the wrong bulb in !!
Jim

Jimbo.King said:
Check and make sure it hasn't got a single contact bulb in instead of a stop and tail bulb, some jocky might have put the wrong bulb in !!
Jim
Just checked and there both twin filament bulbs !!

Are both the brake lights the same brightness when pressed, is there any flickering at all on any of the bulbs when on, is the warning light on the dash constantly on or intermittent, have you got a towbar fitted ?
Jim

could it be a faulty sensor?

Jimbo.King said:
Are both the brake lights the same brightness when pressed, is there any flickering at all on any of the bulbs when on, is the warning light on the dash constantly on or intermittent, have you got a towbar fitted ?
Jim
There isnt a towbar fitted and both the lights are the same,yesterday i checked every bulb on the car and they all were fine. The warning light is on all the time,exept when you reset the computer,it goes off then "ok" appears for a split second then the warning light comes back on again !!!

Some more pointers: Has it got LED style bulbs fitted, Make sure they are 12v and not 24v bulbs, make sure both filaments in the bulb are connected right and haven't broken and touching across each and shorted out, where abouts are you in the uk, Jim

The car just has normal bulbs fitted,ive checked them all and they are all fine so im a bit lost now !!! Im in redcar/north east !!!

The light is on all the time? Cos IIRC the brake light and main light bulb warning do not come into play until the appropriate lamp is used. Can you take a pic of the light on the dash?

. Here is a pic of the light and Yes it is on all the time .

Definately brake lights, I'd just replace both of them (they're only 50p each). I think the system checks the resistance on the lighting circuits to ascertain if there is a fault. Could be one of the bulbs still works but is throwing up more resistance than normal which is triggering the warning.

I will get anew pair of bulbs tomorrow and see what happens.

Just changed both bulbs but the light still stays on all the time !!!

I'd try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or getting it scanned on VAGCOM.