Wheel Choice

Lowlife

German Hardcore
Reaction score
I'm going to be buying wheels in the next few weeks but at the moment I can't decide what to get. I Know I want 18's but do I go for the RS6 replicas or diamond cut A8 replicas? I think the A8 wheels look great but I also think they are better suited to darker cars. I like the idea of the RS6 wheels as I have 5 spokes on there now and think they suit the car well. Any ideas?...

I've got RS reps on mine and to be honest i think they're looking a bit old hat now, every A4 i see seems to have them.

there were some MTM reps on Fleabay a while back that had an RS look about them but no centre caps so looked subtly different, def worth considering for the price

have a look at peps gallerys to get ideas

shineydave said:
5 x 100 PCB, they won't fit an A4 will they?
No they wont fit as the a4 is 5 x 112 which is the problem im having.Basically im after a set of s4 avus alloys and i cant find any,there are 3 sets on here for sale ,one set on piston heads and about 4 sets on ebay in the last week but they are all off an s3 so are no good for the a4 !!!. Blue turbo can you get someone to photo shop the wheels on to your car so you can try before you buy !!!

thinking of selling my 18" vortex r wheels with avon tyres only 9 months old.
have a look at my gallery still got loads of tread left in the region of £720

I have 4 x 18" Kahn's with the correct offset to go over the S4's calipers. They're the RSV's which look very cool on the A4/S4 shod with 225/40/18's. Wheels are clean, but probably could do with a little refurb to look perfect. Not advertised offically yet, but if anyones interested make me an offer. I have some pictures I think of each wheel if required. Images are available from kahnstore.com.

PhilR said:
You need to go for something different mate, a6 rs4 a8s are all common as muck.
Completely agree with you on that one mate.

Not wanting to suck up or anything but I would go for something different like those you have suggested......where did you source your wheels from?!?!?!?

Yeah i know that site drool

Wheels are thousands

You can get silver replicas on ebay though

Got them years ago from a lad who worked in an audi dealer, he bought them off a customer who upgraded their a8 rims to the OE A8 20s

these are cool too only 17s, but could work if you decked it !

http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-Gullideckel...0101207353QQcategoryZ9888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1781_1_b.JPG

They are in germany but are only about 200 quid and shipping normally costs under a hundred,

Can anyone tell me wheter the wheel offset have changed at all from the 99.5 facelift to present day?
I ask because I was wondering will wheels from any A4 fit my car?

macattax said:
Can anyone tell me wheter the wheel offset have changed at all from the 99.5 facelift to present day?
I ask because I was wondering will wheels from any A4 fit my car?
While this question is asked, can anyone tell me what the ET is for the B5 Audi A4 Avant?!?!

Pretty much the same they should all fit, mine are 8x18 et48 and run pretty close to the top arms without spacers, still fine though, most people use 8x18 et35 so basically anything between these offsets and you will be fine

beware of genuine RS$ wheels though they are 8.5x18 with a 20 offset and would cause arch problems

Baker21 said:
While this question is asked, can anyone tell me what the ET is for the B5 Audi A4 Avant?!?!

I think my standard a4 rims ( competition 5spokes) are 7.5 wide et45

monoblocks everyday of the week forget about all the normal RS reps.. as said before they have been done to death

macattax said:
So 18.5" x 8.5" would be ok then if it is ET35 or ET45?

Depends on your ride height and tyre size too 8.5 x 18 would probably foul the top arms at et45, as my 8s are really close at et48

for 8.5x18 on mine id be looking for an offset of about 40 to be without problems but it is mega low and you could gain extra clearence by putting narrower tyres on

The car in your sig looks like its standard ride height so you would get away with a slightly lower offset

951 said:
Basically im after a set of s4 avus alloys and i cant find any,there are 3 sets on here for sale ,one set on piston heads and about 4 sets on ebay in the last week but they are all off an s3 so are no good for the a4

Just keep looking mate, i got my S4 Avus rims off Ebay about 6 months ago. I'd been looking for ages as well.

They were quit pricey though, £180 without tyres and 2 of em could do with a refurb.

silver75 said:
monoblocks everyday of the week forget about all the normal RS reps.. as said before they have been done to death

I reckon those RS reps only look good on TT's, and you can't swing a cat without hitting a TT with em on down south.

smitch said:
Just keep looking mate, i got my S4 Avus rims off Ebay about 6 months ago. I'd been looking for ages as well.

They were quit pricey though, £180 without tyres and 2 of em could do with a refurb.
Another set on ebay and guess what there s3 and i forgot that i came across a set the wek before last in a breakers yard and yet again they were s3's. i was going to put some rs4 reps on but ever golf round here has them plus my rims have vertually new 17" tyres all round so im going to hold out for some avus rims !!!

if anyone wants i have a set of avus alloys sat doing nothing
so if anone wants them pm me asap first come first serve as they say :icon_thumright:

951 said:
Another set on ebay and guess what there s3 and i forgot that i came across a set the wek before last in a breakers yard and yet again they were s3's. i was going to put some rs4 reps on but ever golf round here has them plus my rims have vertually new 17" tyres all round so im going to hold out for some avus rims !!!

Are yours the 17" 10 spoke quattro sport rims ?

If so could be interested if you sell always fancied a set for winters

Yes the are the 17" ten spokes, ronals i think,with the polished outers.They will be for sale as soon as i get some avus rims sorted. (no tyres tho). I though you were going for the a8 alloys ??

if you want s4 avus for your a4 then try asking on rs246.com, when i was looking for some i asked there and got offered half a dozen different sets, in varying conditions and price

alan

951 said:
Yes the are the 17" ten spokes, ronals i think,with the polished outers.They will be for sale as soon as i get some avus rims sorted. (no tyres tho). I though you were going for the a8 alloys ??

There are only 3, and I thought I could get hold of another cheaply but cant

PhilR said:
There are only 3, and I thought I could get hold of another cheaply but cant
What about the 3 i found for £40 each ??

Well the wheels I am interested in getting turned out to be ET35 8.5" x 18.5" which seems to be a perfect fit for my car.
They are oem from a 2004 A4 I think.
They dont come with tyres but the price is very good and there is hardly any damage just slightly scuffed on outside of rims but no dents or cerb damage.
Basically I have been after 18" wheels for past few months and would prefer to keep it oem.
I have oem sports suspension so would that be ok with these wheels or would I need to make some adjustments?
Here is a pic of what they look like what do you guys think?

Don't like em.

I think they'll look small as well cos the spokes are within the rim.

UPDATE:
Well not a popular choice but I have gone with 19" RS6 reps, really pleased with how they look on the car think they suit it well.