Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

Status

How do you remove B5 S4 Rear Shelf Speakers

Can someone tell me how 2get the bloody rear shelf speakers out! I have a blown Bose and need to replace it, but I have not got a clue where to start! I thought you might just pop off the grill, but that aint happening. Then I read you need to pull the whole top cover off the shelf out, as the grills are fixed. Please could someone help or point me in direction of website with directions on how to do this.

Nathan
    Last edited by nemo2182; 8th March 2007 at 18:18.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You need to remove the rear seat backs to be able to get the shelf cover out IIRC. Try here
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

1st Gear

Status
    u dont need to take the seat backs out, just find a gap between the top of the seat n the shelf, n lift it up, u'll hear little popping sounds, n just pull it out, theres ur brake light wire there as well so dont yank it out too quickly... then unscrew ur speakers... done it to mine a million times.
    Gone: 1998 Audi A4 1.8T Sport
    Coming: Who knows?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a4singh
    u dont need to take the seat backs out, just find a gap between the top of the seat n the shelf, n lift it up, u'll hear little popping sounds, n just pull it out, theres ur brake light wire there as well so dont yank it out too quickly... then unscrew ur speakers... done it to mine a million times.
    Does yours have fixed or folding rear seats? That can make a difference, I think.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    Does yours have fixed or folding rear seats? That can make a difference, I think.
    Sorry, should have thought of that when I replied - I was referring to the fixed versions.
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

Status
    Cheers guys. I did try to lift the shelf from dropping the seats, but it felt like it was fixed. I didnt wana damage it cos no doubt its bout 200 from Audi.......

Status
    You have to release the pop fasteners by lifting it up, then slide it out.

findbar

Status
    I had a problem getting mine out i they ended up in shrapnel the fixing parts are like raw plugs i dont think they are designed to come out . I then went to audi to try and get replacement covers and they could not find them so i now just have a set of sony explode speakers in the back i just bypassed the amp at the back . The speakers look good but you can see the holes where the covers are ment to be

Status
    The grilles are riveted on, you have to remove the whole of the parcel shelf cover to get to the speakers. Have you not read anything on this thread?