B5 S4 Rear Shelf Speakers

nemo2182

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how 2get the ****** rear shelf speakers out! I have a blown Bose and need to replace it, but I have not got a clue where to start! I thought you might just pop off the grill, but that aint happening. Then I read you need to pull the whole top cover off the shelf out, as the grills are fixed. Please could someone help or point me in direction of website with directions on how to do this.

Nathan

You need to remove the rear seat backs to be able to get the shelf cover out IIRC. Try here

u dont need to take the seat backs out, just find a gap between the top of the seat n the shelf, n lift it up, u'll hear little popping sounds, n just pull it out, theres ur brake light wire there as well so dont yank it out too quickly... then unscrew ur speakers... done it to mine a million times.

a4singh said:
u dont need to take the seat backs out, just find a gap between the top of the seat n the shelf, n lift it up, u'll hear little popping sounds, n just pull it out, theres ur brake light wire there as well so dont yank it out too quickly... then unscrew ur speakers... done it to mine a million times.

Does yours have fixed or folding rear seats? That can make a difference, I think.

jdp1962 said:
Does yours have fixed or folding rear seats? That can make a difference, I think.

Sorry, should have thought of that when I replied - I was referring to the fixed versions.

Cheers guys. I did try to lift the shelf from dropping the seats, but it felt like it was fixed. I didnt wana damage it cos no doubt its bout £200 from Audi.......

You have to release the pop fasteners by lifting it up, then slide it out.

I had a problem getting mine out i they ended up in shrapnel the fixing parts are like raw plugs i dont think they are designed to come out . I then went to audi to try and get replacement covers and they could not find them so i now just have a set of sony explode speakers in the back i just bypassed the amp at the back . The speakers look good but you can see the holes where the covers are ment to be

The grilles are riveted on, you have to remove the whole of the parcel shelf cover to get to the speakers. Have you not read anything on this thread?