roof rails

Reaction score
Im going to take some roof rails of a 99 avant tomorrow,i cant take my full tool box with me so i need to know what i need to take them off ??

Phillips screws on the sun visors/int light console,torx bolts on the grab handles,unclip the pillar trims,door rubbers and thats the head lining out then 6 allen bolts(6mm i think) under the rails and theres the job done in 20 mins and ive got a shinny pair of chrome roof rails !!!

Brill for that I'm still waiting for some to turn up that I paid for a bit ago. Sounds straight forward

I thought you would have got them by now !! Its alot easier to do than i thought it was, i made sure i took all the parts off in the breakers properly just incase i need anything in the future,im hoping to fit them this weekend !!

Just fitted mine took me about an hour,the only difference on mine was it had phillips screws on the grab handles not torx like on the face lift !!!

He's told me he's sent them yesterday so finger x'd have a crack atfitting them this weekend

Gutted got the roof bars and the fixing are different so does not fit. Might take the one's on the car off and paint stripper them etc anyone done this?