which would you buy ??

Reaction score
I've found 2 cars that im interested in buying ,both avants ,same colour,ones a 1.9 tdi (x reg) the other is a 1.8T (y reg) Both vertually the same price but the 1.8t has done more miles,i just cant decided between the two cars !!!

Always a tough one.
Is it a Red eye 110 bhp Tdi or 90 BHp if 90 go for the 1.8T

Also a hard one do you want to tune it up?
Tdi will use alot less fuel too
Tdi is more to Tax

I always use an insurance quote to make my decision on cars

what about the interiors leather/cloth?

Yes the tdi is the 110 red eye,engine wise the car is going to be left standard,fuel comsumption isnt really an issue as most of the time it would be stuck in rush your traffic anyway. im going to check on the insurance but its difficult to decide as aprt from the engines the cars are very simillar spec !!!

rasA4 said:
what about the interiors leather/cloth?
The tdi is grey cloth,not sure on about the 1.8T i need to ring back on monday about it,would be nice if it had leather as it would be an easy decision on whcih car to buy !!

If economy is not an isuue, i think you have answered your own question to be honest. I regret not having bought a Turbo car, but mine ticked most of the boxes so i sacrificed.I will be swapping mine out soon, but its by no means a straight forward job.

You will be stuck with whatever you decied, so think wisely

I would go for the 1.8t as standard that will be faster than you could ever tune the 1.9tdi unless you start going crazy.
The 1.8t exhaust chip and a panel filter or drill the air box and you will easy see over 200BHP.

Just depends what floats your boat. I have had my 1.8t sport for 3 years now and soo glas i never went for a diesel. If it was a PD150 deisel which they dont pu in A4s then that would be a different story.

As you will be in rush hour traffic it depends if you can stand the diesel tractor noise - especially in summer with the windows down.
This is what decided it for me.

I would love your car but it needs to be an avant and my insurance company wont insure my fiance on the bigger engine cars !!!

And now just to confuse things even more ive seen a 98 1.8t avant in light yellow (anyone know what its called),downside is its a pre facelift but has done less miles than the other 2 cars and is nearly half the price !!!

filipharvey said:
The X reg (2000??) Tdi would be 130 bhp rather than 110 wouldn't it?
Not sure but ive bought the T sport instead as it had lower millage,cheaper and was much closer than the other cars !!

JayB5UK said:
Cant wait ,picking it up at 9 tomorrow morning,then the fun starts fitting the s4 bumpers,rs4 grill,chrome roof rails,arm rest,facelift head lights,rear spolier etc,should keep me busy for a few weekends !!!

post some pics interior as well as soon as you can:hubbahubba:

Im quite pleased about the interior as is grey with the sports style seats that give a bit more support than standard and their cloth which is nice as im not a big fan of leather !!!

951 said:
Im quite pleased about the interior as is grey with the sports style seats that give a bit more support than standard and their cloth which is nice as im not a big fan of leather !!!

i agree with you however its was difficult to keep clean with 2 children.

I would put leather in if i come across a cheap set but im not going out of my way to find some as the interior is in really good nick !!