door apperture seals

scrupes

****** great extension bodger
Reaction score
anyone else got a problem with the door seals allowing wind through?
it's like the door get's pulled out at motorway speeds away from the door seals and the wind noise is quite terrible.

as far as i know the doors have never been changed etc

:think:

I have exactly the same problem on mine! i think its where the roof rack has been put on. do you also get a bit of a creaking going over speed bumps?

same problem here too! starts at about 90. fixed it though, the upper black part of your door bolts to the lower part. undo the bolts a bit and very slightly bend in the top frame, its adjustable, tricky but it works! it makes the top of the door press against the seals more. we are only talking a few mm though. also worth checking is the chrome catch on the 'B' pillar the bolts sometimes come loose causing the whole door to stick out a bit. check this by looking down the side of the car from close to the rear lights, you will see the edge of the door standing proud a bit.

SteveS said:
same problem here too! starts at about 90. fixed it though, the upper black part of your door bolts to the lower part. undo the bolts a bit and very slightly bend in the top frame, its adjustable, tricky but it works! it makes the top of the door press against the seals more. we are only talking a few mm though. also worth checking is the chrome catch on the 'B' pillar the bolts sometimes come loose causing the whole door to stick out a bit. check this by looking down the side of the car from close to the rear lights, you will see the edge of the door standing proud a bit.
Yep checked mine and that was the problem. gonna try and sort that lunch time. Nice one:icon_thumright:

if your a bit lazy and dont want to remove the door trim to do this just wind your window down, open the door, put a small block of wood across the door catch, close the door against it so its holding the door open a few inches then press the top of the door in hard to slightly bend it in a mm or two. thats how the bodyshops do it when you aint watching!

OH MY!! would'nt dream of it, i snapped a sierra door like that once!!

the panels are coming off tomorrow any way to replace the cloth panels in the doorcards for leather ones to match the rest of the interior.

then i'm doing the serpentine belt and cleaning the ICV and the throttle body is getting a clean and internal polish! gonna be busy!

busy day then! door panels are a bit tricky to get back on i thought, little shaped bits of foam seals fall out and it takes ages to find out where they go! getting the panel on at the top where it slides down the window slot is a pain too. good luck!