center display-problem-

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Center display on my instrument cluster/dash clocks,works,but is very faint been told replace,can i get one out of any (b5) audi clocks and then replace it or do i have to make sure clocks are 100% the same,i.e has it got be same part number or dont it matter as im only swopping center display?

New to Audi's but I'm sure they need coding too as they are wired to the immobiliser.

immobilizer 2 system,not in the clocks. sorry but you can start the a4 b5 model with no clocks! immobilizer is separatley fitted to these pre 2000 cars....NEXT!

If thats the case then I'd guess its not going to matter to much. Though when swapping any bits it always helps to use matching part numbers. Makes things a lot easy no matter what the make/model is!

vw754: quote: Center display on my instrument cluster/dash clocks,works,but is very faint been told replace,can i get one out of any (b5) audi clocks and then replace it or do i have to make sure clocks are 100% the same,i.e has it got be same part number or dont it matter as im only swopping center display?
you have tried turning the dash dimmer up i presume? just a thought?