Cd changer and fuel lcd dispaly !!

Reaction score
Ive just been to look at a t reg (facelift) avant and it looks quite promissing but i wanted to check a few things first,the lcd display in the centre of the clocks (the one with the pic of the petrol pump) is faulty as it has random lines missing and running through it,can these be replaced separatly and what sort of price are they ?? Also the car only had the concert radio cassette fitted , if i get amulti changer with lead will it plig staight into the head unit or is it a different type ??

The LCD is a common fault, and can only be rectified with replacement of the whole dash. The changer will plug right in, you may even find the cables are in place ready if you are lucky

Thanks for that,i had a feeling the whole lot would have to be changed !! Am i right in thinking the cd changer is on the left in the boot ??

It deffo is on a saloon, so i assume its the same on the Avant, my 98.5 had the cable installed already

the cable was in mine on the left side in the boot i have a 98 1.8t sport avant and i have the same problem with the display,it gets worst as it gets hotter in the car ! i think it cost about £400 for a new one